Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
More leads means more revenue, which means more profit. Leads can come from many places – advertising, repeat business, referrals, google search, and the list goes on. In this blog, I will give you 10 surefire ways to obtain more leads (without doing paid ads).
We all know that repeat business is more profitable than starting over from scratch with a new customer. It can be 5 times as expensive to start over with a new customer. Many companies focus the bulk of their time and budget on acquiring new customers, but it is also very important to concentrate on customer retention and repeat business.
It is crucial to maintain customer loyalty because it is a known fact that customer loyalty means an increase in referrals. Over 80% of customers trust recommendations from family and friends. I recently read an interesting article from Hubspot about 27 interesting customer loyalty statistics. You may even want to consider starting a loyalty program.
2. The next tip might sound like unusual advice because there is much evidence against the usefulness of outbound marketing. In addition, many marketers think of outbound marketing as an outdated strategy but really, you should deploy both outbound marketing and inbound marketing. While it is important to do a mixture of both types of marketing, it is probably more useful to put more of your efforts into inbound marketing, as it tends to be more personalized.You may wonder what the difference is between the two marketing strategies is.
3. Be present on Social Media – Think about where your target market is (ie. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc). That is where you should be placing the majority of your social media efforts. Here are some general tips on some of the most popular social media sites:
This is a general list and many of these strategies can be applied to a variety of social media platforms. One of the most important things to consider is whether you are posting quality content, things your “target market” wants to hear about. Put yourself in their shoes and think like them. Think about common concerns or questions. Current news is also a great thing to post about. Make sure you are consistent with your posting. Above all though – remember quality is more important than quantity here.
4. Automate your marketing – There are a plethora of marketing automation tools out there, but the tool we use for ourselves and that we implement for clients is ClickDimensions. To learn more about ClickDimensions visit our blog. We recently collaborated with ClickDimensions on a webinar about choosing the right marketing automation solution for Dynamics 365.
We use the ClickDimensions Social Marketing tool, which is powered by Oktopost. Oktopost is an integrated social media marketing tool that allows you to easily manage various social campaigns and post single or multiple messages to your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages. In addition, Oktopost features rich social media analytics that allow B2B marketing teams to measure social media efforts and reach marketing goals.
Whatever marketing automation tool you decide to use, it is important to ask yourself if you are getting the most out of your marketing automation and if you are using all available features. Learn about how you can close more deals with marketing automation.
4. Email Marketing – is still one of the top ways to generate leads. It is generally cheaper than many marketing strategies and can have huge returns.
It is important to get to know your target audience very well, from their background to purchase habits and preferences. This allows you to determine which methods and strategies will have the most impact.
One thing you might try is a newsletter – The two most important factors in sending out a newsletter are content and consistency. Make sure your content is of high quality, something your audience wants to hear about. Being consistent in sending your newsletter out is more important that how often you send it out. Look at your schedule and time commitments and determine a realistic schedule for your newsletters to go out.
Another thing you might want to consider, in regards to email, is adding a call to action in email signatures. This seems like a simple thing to do, but it can make a big impact.
5. Mobile Responsiveness – With all the people checking emails and websites on their phone, it is important that your content and webpages are mobile friendly.
6. Search Engines
8. Content- This tip is mentioned right after search engines because creating content and putting it out there is actually the #1 thing you can do to increase search engine rankings.
9. Directly engage with leads – So much of marketing is personalization. No one wants to just feel like a number. Everyone wants to think they, their problems, and concerns are unique. This is a nice lead in to my last tip.
10. Networking – Just as it is important to directly engage with leads, it is important to get yourself out there and network, whether is is physically or virtually. People want to do business with a person, not a name. It’s not enough to just be present on social media. Comment on and like people’s posts, join groups of interest, and let your voice be known. Show your personality. Virtual networking is important, but in person networking is also important. Here are just a few networking ideas:
Of course the list is not limited to the activities above. Networking can happen even when networking is not the objective. Many social events lend themselves to networking. Networking is all about making connections.
So, there you have it – 10 ways to obtain more leads (without doing paid ads). Most of the things on the list are things you can do immediately. With that being said, I will mention that there definitely is some value to doing paid ads as well. Amongst the most popular are Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, and Linked In ads. Most social media platforms have their own paid ad service. Spend some time thinking about where your target audience is before you decide where to place your time and efforts.
Remember that nothing will work immediately. Be patient – give it adequate time and don’t forget that consistency is the key!
The lead management capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics 365 let you connect with your customers in a whole new way. In Dynamics 365 Sales, leads are used to keep track of business prospects that you haven’t yet qualified through your sales process. The information you track and log about leads in Microsoft Dynamics 365 can be used to build relationships and turn leads into lifelong customers.
In fact, creating a lead record of information about a new lead is often the first step taken by users in the sales process. If you would like to learn more about how to use Dynamics 365 for Sales to create leads and opportunities, contact the experts at enCloud9. We have worked with many companies on lead management.
The post 10 Easy Ways to Obtain More Leads (Without Doing Paid Ads) appeared first on enCloud9 | Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM Consultants.
Business Applications communities