SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Send mail with attachment in D365

Dynamics 365 General Forum

DanielBai asked a question on 10 Aug 2018 1:36 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi Experts,

Is there anyway to send out a mail with attachment in D365, such as I upload an excel to Sales order as attachment, then click a button, the function for this button is: capture some info from Sales order, and send out a email, and the email need attached the excel that uploaded in this SO.

Is it possible in D365?

Johnny Gong responded on 13 Aug 2018 2:23 AM
My Badges

Hi Partner,

If your are using D365 Online , you could refer to the following post from Aric about Creating Email Message with Attachment from a Note:

community.dynamics.com/.../create-email-message-with-attachment-from-a-note

Similar question about D365 email with attachments through Plugin

community.dynamics.com/.../262723

Hope it would help.

Regards

Johnny

DanielBai responded on 16 Aug 2018 8:00 PM
Suggested Answer

Thanks

PuneetJoshi80 responded on 16 Aug 2018 9:12 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Yes, it is possible. I implemented similar requirement.

1. You need to put custom button a ribbon - Ribbon Bench for putting a custom button, call a javascript from a button.

2. Security based visibility of the button - If something you would like to.

3. Click on that button - Create a Javascript which can call an Action - Research on how to call an "Action" from Javascript.

4. Action Input parameters will be RecordID of that Entity and CWF.

4. Create custom workflow activity which will Read Values of that Record from which the Action was called.

5. In the CWF, after getting the Record GUID, query Annotation entity, fetch the Attached excel file, if more than one attched filter by FirstorDefault().

6. You can use email template stored in CRM if not create your on email body and other required things and send it out.

All you need is a Custom Ribbon, Action and Custom Workflow Activity.

Thanks.

DanielBai responded on 16 Aug 2018 8:00 PM
Suggested Answer

Thanks

PuneetJoshi80 responded on 16 Aug 2018 9:12 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Yes, it is possible. I implemented similar requirement.

1. You need to put custom button a ribbon - Ribbon Bench for putting a custom button, call a javascript from a button.

2. Security based visibility of the button - If something you would like to.

3. Click on that button - Create a Javascript which can call an Action - Research on how to call an "Action" from Javascript.

4. Action Input parameters will be RecordID of that Entity and CWF.

4. Create custom workflow activity which will Read Values of that Record from which the Action was called.

5. In the CWF, after getting the Record GUID, query Annotation entity, fetch the Attached excel file, if more than one attched filter by FirstorDefault().

6. You can use email template stored in CRM if not create your on email body and other required things and send it out.

All you need is a Custom Ribbon, Action and Custom Workflow Activity.

Thanks.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS