SBX - Forum Post Title

create database user in CRM

Dynamics 365 General Forum

Mebo asked a question on 16 Sep 2018 9:55 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello guys,

i want to add database user in CRM 2016 not active directory user, or make a database user to read my data from database

i try to add database user in the security and give him permission but still queries return null, so please if any one faced case like this, please guide me 

thanks 

Dynamics365 Rocker responded on 16 Sep 2018 11:21 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can only create active directory users in MS dynamics CRM.

You can do one thing, Create active directory user, Add him/her in CRM and SQL then he/she can access CRM and SQL.

You can give generic name to this user like, SQL Admin or CRM Admin.

Goutam Das responded on 16 Sep 2018 2:44 PM
Suggested Answer

I don't think you can access data from database without creating the active directory user , You have to create AD user.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 16 Sep 2018 6:36 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Mebo,

Though I have not tried this but if the user is added and you are not getting permissions error then I think the problem is in the query. Which query you are running? There are some views in CRM which ensure that the data is retuned based on security role. Ensure that you are querying the tables and not views. The tables typicallyl ends with base i.e. accountbase, contactbase etc.

Hope this helps.

Dynamics365 Rocker responded on 16 Sep 2018 11:21 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can only create active directory users in MS dynamics CRM.

You can do one thing, Create active directory user, Add him/her in CRM and SQL then he/she can access CRM and SQL.

You can give generic name to this user like, SQL Admin or CRM Admin.

Goutam Das responded on 16 Sep 2018 2:44 PM
Suggested Answer

I don't think you can access data from database without creating the active directory user , You have to create AD user.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 16 Sep 2018 6:36 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Mebo,

Though I have not tried this but if the user is added and you are not getting permissions error then I think the problem is in the query. Which query you are running? There are some views in CRM which ensure that the data is retuned based on security role. Ensure that you are querying the tables and not views. The tables typicallyl ends with base i.e. accountbase, contactbase etc.

Hope this helps.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS