Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I have a person entity where an address and zip code will be entered. Once a zip code is entered I would like there to be an automatic process that assigns the county and region. I have a location entity that contains a list of zip codes associated to counties and regions. Whatever zip code is entered I would like that to lookup the specific region associated to that and say Out of Area if it is not in the list.
It is possible through js code and here is the logic.
1. Get the zip code on your person form.
2. Search related record in location entity with the zip code through web api.
3. If the location record exists, set the address to person address field, otherwise alert the message of "out of area".
4. Add the code to the "Onchange" event of zip code field on person form.
Hope it helps.
It is possible through Plugin C# code. Below are the steps:
1. On create and update of the Record, if they select the zip code then you will get the zip code from the target.
2. Search related record in location entity with the zip code through fetchxml or Query Expression.
3. If the location record exists, set the country and region field, if not throw the InvalidPluginException and display the error message "Out of Area".
4. Register the plugin in create and update(Filtering Attribute-Zip Code) message.
Sorry, I have very little experience with JS and Dynamics. Can you provide me another article or tips on how to write this function? Thanks for your time.
Business Applications communities