Better Together T-shirt Design Contest
We're starting a “Better Together” T-shirt design contest. The theme is "Powerful alone. Better together," and we want to see your best T-shirt designs that encompass all 5 products in the family: Microsoft Dynamics 365, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power Virtual Agents. | Read More about T-Shirt Design Contest
2020 release wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
What are the guides/method you use in order to successfully go through a CRM implementation?
Would really appriciate your inputs on how you have successfully implement a CRM system.
What are the steps of a implementation that must be considered?
The question is too generic. But let me try to provide some insights.
1. The organisation should have answers to the following questions:
- Why a new software is required for the organization
- What are the current challenges
- What are the business objectives
- What are the organization goals towards productivity
2. Once you have answers, work on the list of challenges and objectives
3. Prepare existing (as-is) business process and scenarios. Document them in readable fomat (may be flow charts)
4. Document the as-si business rules
5. Organize a business process transformation workshop (if required). Discuss and finalize the new suggestions and chagnes in business processes (if any)
6. Document the to-be business process in readable format (may be flow chart)
7. Decide on an implementation methodology (agile/ waterfall / hybrid / others)
8. Plan your project depending on methoology
9. Organize the requirement elaboration workshops / product demonstration boot camps --> depending on your project methodology
10. Document the outcomes
11. Prepare requirement specification documents / user stories / epics --> depending on your project methoodology
12. Prepare basic design of the system, prepare system blue print, ERD, screenshots
13. Make end user familiar with the screens and processes
14. Prepare wore frame documentation / mockups and distribute among business users
15. Get agreement on design specification, wireframes
16. Breakdown your tasks in DevOps / TFS / Any other ALM tool you want to use
17. Onboard team based on the skill set required developer / integration specialist / QA / UI Developer
18. Plan your development practices
- Coding standards
- Naming conventions
- Create solution and add the required components
- Perform al configuration / configuration inside solution, so that deployment can be done properly.
- Maintain Development, SIT, UAT, Production as separate instance
19. Organise Conference room pilots and collect feedback
20. Organise Release / Sprint demos if you are in Agile
21. Release the system for users
22. Identify the data to be migrated and structure of the existing data (uyou can do this while requirement elaboration or designing the system)
23. Organise data transformation if required
24. Create data management strategy, data migration strategy, data migration approach
25. execute data migration
Thank you so much!
I will start building up the FS. Should i buy the Field service application and start working in the development enivroment? and then move it to Test&production when it's ready for testing?. Or will it be installated inProd, Dev and Test enviroment when i buy the product and a license?
If you subscribe to dynamics 365, you will be given 2 instances.
1. Sandbox (can be used for dev / test)
If you need seperate sandbox(one more) instance, you can purchase seperately.
I suggest you consult Microsoft for best suggestion on licensing and subscription.
Okay, we have a prod, test and dev instance with the sales module. But in order to start with field service, should i buy a license for field service and then start building everything in a new solution with the field service configurations?
Business Applications communities