Check out the latest Field Service updates!Learn about the key capabilities and features of Dynamics 365 Field Service and experience some of the new features.
Download overview guide | Watch Field Service video
2020 release wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I am new on Field service and try to make usable that solution for me and my team but no way to go straight forward with anything I try.
It is any sample data where I can see some standard and normal functionality for any cheap Field service solution that works out of the box?
I try just to setup some basic operation like:
Send email to customer when the WO it is create
Send notification to technician that was assigned for that WO
Send email when tech it is on the way to client
Sens email to client and to manager when the WO it is complete with description of the job that was done, arrive time, finish time and the product that was used.
I did took all my time and try to create from scratch that WORK FLOW but it is impossible without strong knowledge of programming,.
Please first refer to this video for emailing in a workflow.
Here are the detailed steps.
1. Go to Advanced Settings > Processes, New a process. Enter name, select Categ: Workflow, Entity: Work Order.
2. Select Scope (it indicates which users the workflow will be triggered by). Select Start when: Record is created (This means that this workflow is triggered when a Work Order is created.)
3. Click Add Step > Send Email. Click Set Properties.
4. We need to use the Form Assistant on the right to enter dynamic values. (Please refer to the video provided above for how to use it.)
5 Finally activate the workflow.
Administrators can see logs for all workflows in Advanced Settings> System Jobs.
The steps for creating a workflow are basically the same as above. The differences are as follows.
Select Start when: Record is assigned.
Select the dynamic value of technical in the To field of the email.
Thank you so much Lu Hao. You save me few nights . The video link it is very clear description of HOW TO DO compare will all the MICROSOFT video that you can find on internet with WHAT CAN DO .
Do you have bany chance other sample of work flows like:
- send an email to client when the dispatch assign the WO to a tech so the client will be informed with the WO nr, WO description, the name of the technician the was assigned and the time and date when the technician will go to hi,
- Send email to client and dispach when technician change status to in progress( i did not find to add the status as travel )
- send email to client and manager when the WO it is closed and add on email body the work that was done, the time spend it, the products that was add it and the notes with signature
As well I was looking to automate the WO create by receiving an email to create automatically a tichet and assigned to an existing customer if that have already the email address on account Field service
I do not want to push to much my luck but do you have any link in forum about Portal configuration client to see their WO, invoice and agreements?
I did setup, but when I login as admin I get error that have not right to see WO. I did opened a support ticket to Microsoft but not yet a solution for that
For client I did not find a way to give access to a specific client to that Portal ( partner portal) and expose WO, Invoice
Thank you again for the straight forward solution .
Business Applications communities