Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Check out the latest Field Service updates!Learn about the key capabilities and features of Dynamics 365 Field Service and experience some of the new features.
Download overview guide | Watch Field Service video
2021 Release Wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned April 2021 through September 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2021 Release Wave 1 Timeline
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
Currently we are setting up the Woodford Field Service Mobile app.
My goal is setup a field technician role, which is extended with the Dispatcher role - our customer has the special scenraio, where their field technicians also responsible for dispatching and scheduling their own work orders.
I used this documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/field-service/view-user-accounts-security-roles
So I gave these roles for the user:
1. App Profile User
2. Field Service - Resource
3. Field Service - Dispatcher
After loging into the Mobile app I open the scheduled work order and trying to change the status from Scheuled to In Progress - this is when I get the error message which I can not figure out how to solve.
here it is:
It also gives the same error message in the desktop version. I tried to copy the dispatcher role and give all the permissions regarding work orders and it's substatuses, but it also didn't work.
If you know how to solve this issue, let me know!
Can you make sure that there is a Field Level Security profile against the user with msdyn_substatus 'Update' marked as yes ?
Yes, it is marked as Yes - this is not the problem unfortunately.
From the screenshot, the error is “user does not have the msdyn_substatus attribute in the msdyn_workorder entity.
So the problems are in the work order entity and substatus field, and substatus is lookup field, you need also check work order substatus entity.
1.substatus field security.
You said that msdyn_substatus update is set ‘Yes’ in field security profile.
And you also need check the user you need is added to the same field security profile.
2.check entity permission of the dispatcher security role.
Please mark as verified if the answer is helpful. Welcome to join hot discussions in Dynamics 365 Forums.
It seems like this one worked! Thank you!!
Business Applications communities