SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Intercompany invocing

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

miwa99 asked a question on 11 Jun 2018 6:25 AM

Question Status

Verified

I use intercompany setup with relations between the companies. I have one asset account and one liability account per company. I want to invoice the posistions between the companies. Does such function exist for Dynamics 365 for Operations Enterprise edition? Does this invoice function automatically (ledger) settle the transactions, and calculate and post the foreign currency loss/gain? 

Verified Answer

Hi Miwa,

You have to create manual journals or invoices to settle the IC balances. There is no automated process. Also there is no automatic interest calculation if you have to charge this as well.

Hi,

What transactions do you want to invoice between companies?

Can you provide an example?

Many thanks and best regards,

Ludwig

miwa99 responded on 15 Jun 2018 2:08 AM

We have companies in different countries, and to IC-postings. Periodically we want to settle these transactions with cash transactions between the companies. I find D365 weak when it comes to such functionallity. All transactions are in the system, so it should have been able to press "IC invoice", and then do cash transactions. And with following posting of currency deviations. However, now is the prosess manual and take a lot of time..

Verified Answer

Hi Miwa,

You have to create manual journals or invoices to settle the IC balances. There is no automated process. Also there is no automatic interest calculation if you have to charge this as well.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS