SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Accounts for Penny difference in accounting currency

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

Nimi488 asked a question on 16 Sep 2018 2:31 PM

Question Status

Verified

Hi All,

Which accounts do you suggest for Penny difference in currency in Accounts for automatic transactions form?

What should be main account type and main account category for that account?

I am having issue while selecting P/L account with expense category and works fine with balance sheet account with asset or equity category.

Thanks in Advance

Hi Nimi488,

The penny difference should be a profit and loss account. What exact issue do you encounter? Do you get an error? If so, please share the details.

Nimi488 responded on 16 Sep 2018 5:17 PM

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your response. The error message is ''Account number for transaction type Penny difference in accounting currency does not exist.''

I do have select 540150 account for Penny difference in accounting currency and that account are allowed for all values and not suspended. Account structure is good.

But at same time if I select balance sheet account I am able to post. What am I missing?

Difference between these accounts are shown below:

Thanks

Verified Answer

Hi,

Is your account possibly locked/suspended or does it require DR/CR transactions/balances?

An expense account should be ok for this posting type.

Have you tested using a different expenses account?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Verified Answer

Hi,

Can you also try to enter the 540150 account in a journal? Then you can let the system validate if posting would be OK. If possible, try it in a test environment.

Nimi488 responded on 21 Sep 2018 11:07 AM

Thank you Andre. This helps to dig down to actual error.

Hi Nimi488,

Have you been able to get this resolved?

If this is the case then please be so kind and mark the verified answers.

Thank you for your community support.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Verified Answer

Hi,

Is your account possibly locked/suspended or does it require DR/CR transactions/balances?

An expense account should be ok for this posting type.

Have you tested using a different expenses account?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Verified Answer

Hi,

Can you also try to enter the 540150 account in a journal? Then you can let the system validate if posting would be OK. If possible, try it in a test environment.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS