SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Can I still post additional cost or value to the project when it's already eliminated?

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

Kim Johnson asked a question on 9 Nov 2018 3:02 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi All, 

I have eliminated the project.  I test posted an hour transaction into the project-->posted the Estimate.  Then Eliminated the project point to the FA.  The FA did not increase in value.  Does anyone have a different result or is there a way to increase the value of FA without doing the FA adjustment? Thanks.

Suggested Answer

Hi Kim,

I did not fully get your process steps. Can you describe them in chronological order?

What confuses me is the elimination that you mentioned. Did you reverse the first one and created a new one after posting some additional costs?

In general, as long as you select the fixed asset and have a costs to capitalize other than $0, you should see those costs on your fixed asset.

Would be great if you could provide some details and ideally some screenprints.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Kim Johnson responded on 9 Nov 2018 7:35 PM
My Badges

Hello Ludwig,

After the project is 100% completed, I select the project I wanted to eliminate->MANAGE tab>Estimate.  On the screenshot 3, the project is closed.  I have additional invoices I need to add to this project, in other words, add to this fixed asset, how do I do that without booking FA revaluation (surplus)? I did book additional expenses to the project, but it did not reflect the new number in the Consumption.  When I clicked on the Eliminate again, the addition value did not add to the current FA. 

I hope I sound clearer this time :-) 

Verified Answer

Good Morning Kim,

To get the additional costs activated on the fixed asset you have to

1. Reverse the elimination

2. Reverse the estimate

3. Post the new transactions as usual

4. Run and post a new estimte

5. Eliminate the estimate to the fixed asset again.

Bet regards,

Ludwig

Hello Kim,

Did those steps help you to get the total costs transferred to your fixed asset?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Verified Answer

Good Morning Kim,

To get the additional costs activated on the fixed asset you have to

1. Reverse the elimination

2. Reverse the estimate

3. Post the new transactions as usual

4. Run and post a new estimte

5. Eliminate the estimate to the fixed asset again.

Bet regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hi Kim,

I did not fully get your process steps. Can you describe them in chronological order?

What confuses me is the elimination that you mentioned. Did you reverse the first one and created a new one after posting some additional costs?

In general, as long as you select the fixed asset and have a costs to capitalize other than $0, you should see those costs on your fixed asset.

Would be great if you could provide some details and ideally some screenprints.

Best regards,

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS