SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Profit and Loss Report

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

Mauricio Duarte asked a question on 11 Jun 2019 2:39 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi all,

I need to build a Profit and Loss report, based on GeneralJournalEntry and GeneralJournalAccountEntry tables, joining it with financial dimensions tables (DimensionAttributeValueCombination...). I created an Data Entity to export this information to an Azure SQL database using BYOD, but when I exported the data, I recieved an error message, because my entity don't has an unique key, But I don't know which fields combination can make an unique key for this two tables.
How I am using Financial Dimension tables, I tried to use the LedgerDimension field from GeneralJournalAccountEntry, but didn't work either.

Eugen Glasow responded on 11 Jun 2019 2:40 PM

Do you know that you are re-inventing the wheel? P&L reports are made in the Management Reporter.

Suggested Answer

Hi,

Agree with Eugen

Why don't you use the financial report designer that even ships with pre build templates for the P&L statement?

Best regards

Ludwig

Mauricio Duarte responded on 11 Jun 2019 4:40 PM

Eugen and Ludwig thank you for your answers.

I understand, but we have a specific financial requirement for P&L reports and also that information is used for other functional areas that join it with their own information. Our plan is make available many entities, financial including, for end users reports design.

Mauricio Duarte responded on 11 Jun 2019 4:40 PM

I understand, but we have a specific financial requirement for P&L reports and also that information is used for other functional areas that join it with their own information. Our plan is make available many entities, financial including, for end users reports design.

Hi Mauricio,

Can you elaborate on the specific financial requirements for P&L reports that you mentioned? What are those specific requirements?

Also can you let us know in more detail what you mean by saying that other functional areas join with their own information? Do you mean that new companies are acquired or something else?

Would be great if you could clarify.

Many thanks,

Ludwig

Mauricio Duarte responded on 14 Jun 2019 2:27 PM

We have an ISV solution in Dynamics 365, this solution is for a heavy equipment dealer, we need that the P&L reports contains information of some ISV modules, because we need to extract the information to a Datawarehouse, I´m using data entities to make it throught BYOD, but I'm having problems with Staging table indexes. We evaluate Financial Report, but didn't meet with all our requirements

Suggested Answer

Hello Mauricio,

Many thanks for your reply.

The currently available financial report designer does not have an excel integration available that allows you importing data from sources other than D365FO.

If you want to use the financial reports then postings in D365FO are required.

Those postings can be made in a separate company or in an existing one on separate / statistical accounts.

Before trying to develop something, I would consider those workarounds first.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hi,

Agree with Eugen

Why don't you use the financial report designer that even ships with pre build templates for the P&L statement?

Best regards

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hello Mauricio,

Many thanks for your reply.

The currently available financial report designer does not have an excel integration available that allows you importing data from sources other than D365FO.

If you want to use the financial reports then postings in D365FO are required.

Those postings can be made in a separate company or in an existing one on separate / statistical accounts.

Before trying to develop something, I would consider those workarounds first.

Best regards,

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS