SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

How to enable maintenance mode on our Dynamics environment for license configuration

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

gweatherford asked a question on 5 Oct 2017 5:45 PM

Question Status

Verified

I need to change a configuration key on our Dynamics 365 environment.  But, when I go to the correct window, it says that it is read only unless the system is in maintenance mode.  And to do that I need to run a maintenance job from LCS.

We looked everywhere on LCS and found no way to create a maintenance job.  Is this something that Microsoft has to do?

Also, is there some way that I can search this forum?  My answer may be buried somewhere in the forum, but I see no "search" button/field.

Thanks,

Geoff Weatherford

CVMBS, Colorado State University

Verified Answer

Here is documentation about Maintenance mode . Usually in production for such a kind of changes you need to create service request and no user can log in other than system admin who has Maintenance mode user role assigned

command to do that in VM

J:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\Bin\Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.Deployment.Setup.exe --metadatadir J:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory --bindir J:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\Bin --sqlserver . --sqldatabase axdb --sqluser axdbadmin --sqlpwd ********* --setupmode maintenancemode --isinmaintenancemode true

gweatherford responded on 6 Oct 2017 10:19 AM

Excellent information.  Thank you very much.

GeoffW

Mahesh Ambati responded on 5 Feb 2018 8:18 AM
My Badges

Hi,

I need to change the configuration key in production, let me the process to enable maintenance mode. As per my understand we will not have RDP access to production  and we can't enable maintenance mode using command. Also after changing configuration key we have to perform IISRESET to effect the changes.

Let me know the procedure to perform the activity in Production environment.

Thanks in advance

Mahesh Ambati

Hi Mahesh Ambati,

Please refer to documentation docs.microsoft.com/.../maintenance-mode

Hi Mahesh ,

You have to create service request to change config key in Prod environment

Mahesh Ambati responded on 6 Feb 2018 4:36 AM
My Badges

Hi Ievgen,

Thanks for the sharing the documentation. Could you please confirm IISRESET required after changing configuration key to effect the changes? if required in production DSE will perform IISRESEt also.

Thanks

If we are talking about Prod you dont have access to backend so you cannot do iisrest. DSE will do everything for you.

BorisP responded on 12 Feb 2018 6:10 AM

Dear All,

How can we switch to maintenance mode for On Prem deployment? I can't find any documentation for this.

I do not know about on perm  if the same command works but did you try same command ?

Verified Answer

Here is documentation about Maintenance mode . Usually in production for such a kind of changes you need to create service request and no user can log in other than system admin who has Maintenance mode user role assigned

command to do that in VM

J:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\Bin\Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.Deployment.Setup.exe --metadatadir J:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory --bindir J:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\Bin --sqlserver . --sqldatabase axdb --sqluser axdbadmin --sqlpwd ********* --setupmode maintenancemode --isinmaintenancemode true

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS