Try Microsoft Edge
A fast and secure browser that's designed for Windows 10
We are creating invoices after monthend and need the invoices back dated to the end of the previous month. We can set the date on each individual invoice on the setup tab, but this is extremely tedious and subject to error. Surely there is a way to set the invoice date for the entire batch of invoices.
You need to perform the following steps:
1. Go to Accounts receivable > orders > All sales orders.
2. Go to invoice tab on the action pane.
3. Select the sales orders that you want to invoice.
4. Click on Generate Invoice button.
5. In the setup tab on the dialog, specify the invoice date. This will be applicable on all invoices that will be generated.
See the snapshot below.
Please mark the answer as verified if this resolves your query.
This does not work. The date only applies to the first item. I just verified this in our test system. I created two sales orders and selected both to generate invoices. I updated the invoice date in the setup tab and clicked ok. This resulted in two invoices. The first is dated 9/30/2017 and the second is date 10/6/2017
It is working for me.
Are you selecting both sales orders before updating the invoice date?
See the yellow part below:
Yes. I even retested to confirm. Second sales order retains the 10/6/2017
Business Applications communities