I have many questions of SQL Server and Power BI

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

Cuong asked a question on 10 Nov 2018 5:37 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Dear Friends,

I have a many questions of SQL Server and Power BI:

1/ I want to study table staging in SSIS.

2/ SSIS can call store procedure, views of source database or destination database?.

3/ SSAS can call store procedure, views of destination database from fact table? 

What's version of of SQL Server and Power BI support it?. Could you help?. Thank you.

Suggested Answer

In the cloud version of D365FO you have no access to the prod database. Not with Power BI, SSIS or SSAS. Do you have cloud or on premises version?

Cuong responded on 12 Nov 2018 9:05 PM
My Badges

Dear Friends,

Yes, I will use cloud version, not on premises version.

In cloud version you don't have access to SQL. Could you please explain whats your requirement? Did you explore option of using BYOD for power BI reporting ?

Sohail Sheikh responded on 13 Nov 2018 1:08 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hey,

As expert mentioned in below comments that you don't have access on SQL of cloud D365FO Production. I believe here you are talking about Data warehousing & PowerBI reports. for this purpose you can BYOD, Via this you can bring your production database to any AZURE/Local(Public IP) SQL instance. where you can perform your activity.

BYOD Reference

d365technext.blogspot.com/.../byod-bring-your-own-database-d365fo.html

SSIS

mindmajix.com/.../how-to-execute-stored-procedure-in-ssis-execute-sql-task

Cuong responded on 13 Nov 2018 2:46 AM
My Badges

Dear Friends,

Thank you.

Sohail Sheikh responded on 13 Nov 2018 1:08 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hey,

As expert mentioned in below comments that you don't have access on SQL of cloud D365FO Production. I believe here you are talking about Data warehousing & PowerBI reports. for this purpose you can BYOD, Via this you can bring your production database to any AZURE/Local(Public IP) SQL instance. where you can perform your activity.

BYOD Reference

d365technext.blogspot.com/.../byod-bring-your-own-database-d365fo.html

SSIS

mindmajix.com/.../how-to-execute-stored-procedure-in-ssis-execute-sql-task

Suggested Answer

In the cloud version of D365FO you have no access to the prod database. Not with Power BI, SSIS or SSAS. Do you have cloud or on premises version?

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS