SBX - Forum Post Title

Distribute amounts - purchase order line

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

Jaroslava asked a question on 13 Jun 2019 5:23 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Dear all,

I want to distribute amounts on a purchase order line between 3 cost centers.

I select Distribute amounts in Financials tab.

But the +Split option is disabled and I cannot divide the amount by percent.

I suppose there are some settings that need to be done in advance, but I didn't find anything.

Also, is there a specific order status that must be fulfilled?

Thanks in advance!

best regards

Jaroslava

Suggested Answer

Hi Jaroslava,

What is the item type and settings on the item model group? If it is a stocked product, you cannot do a split. It actually works for procurement categories and service items.

Jaroslava responded on 13 Jun 2019 6:28 AM
My Badges

Hi André,

some of them are stocked, some of them services. But all of my items are linked to a procurement category.

If it's not possible for stocked products, is there other way how to distribute amounts between several cost centers?

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.

Kind regards

Jaroslava

Verified Answer

Hi Jaroslava,

It doesn't make sense to have stocked items distributed to three different dimension values. That is the reason why it is not available. When I mentioned the procurement category, I was intending to say that you can create order lines without an item, but only with a procurement category.

It is intended to be able to split costs. Services and categories will be expensed, so the split is available here. A stocked item is not an expense but represents a balance value.

Jaroslava responded on 13 Jun 2019 7:34 AM
My Badges

Hi André,

now I understand. But I tried to use the distribution for service (the item is of type Service) and I still have the split function greyed out.

Any ideas why?

Thank you so much.

Kind regards

Jaroslava

Hi Jaroslava,

What item model group is used on this service item? Can you check if the option 'Stocked product' is enabled or disabled? If it is set to stocked product, it will indeed not enable the split function.

Sourav Dam responded on 13 Jun 2019 5:14 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Jaroslava,

As André said; the split functionality will not work if the item is stocked type. In addition to that, just check if you are trying to procure a fixed asset through purchase order by using any service type item or not. If Yes, then also system will not allow you to do splitting.

Best regards,

Sourav Dam

Jaroslava responded on 14 Jun 2019 12:11 AM
My Badges

Hi André,

well, the item model group is FIFO, because our customer set it like that. It is used for stocked products too. So this is it? It would work with a different item model group?

Thank you.

Jaroslava responded on 14 Jun 2019 12:13 AM
My Badges

Hi Sourav,

that's interesting, I didn't know this too. But I'm sure it's not a fixed asset.

Thank you,

best regards

Jaroslava

Sourav Dam responded on 14 Jun 2019 2:26 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Jaroslava,

The item model group cannot be changed if transactions are already recorded with that item. In that case, you can stop this item from purchasing and from inventory posting (in case if it is stocked) and also from sales (if required) by ticking the 'Stopped' check mark available in Default order settings form in both Purchase order and Inventory section.

Best regards,

Sourav Dam

Jaroslava responded on 14 Jun 2019 2:59 AM
My Badges

Hi Sourav,

I know it cannot be changed if there were transactions. I meant that I need to create a new item model group and service with nonstocked parameter and connect them.

Thank you very much for help.

Have a great day,

Jaroslava

HI Jaroslava,

Has your question been fully answered? If not, please update it with your last doubts. In the other case, would you mind you verify the answer(s) that helped you solving your question?

Jaroslava responded on 17 Jun 2019 1:29 AM
My Badges

Hi André,

well yes, the question why the split function is disabled was answered. But I still don't know if there is any possibility how to distribute amounts between several cost centers for stocked items.

Can you actually do that?

Thank you!

Best regards

Jaroslava

Verified Answer

Hi Jaroslava,

For stocked items it is not possible as it is not considered as cost, but a balance value. When selling or consuming the goods, the cost value can be different, then creating wrong reversals on the balance account.

Jaroslava responded on 17 Jun 2019 11:40 PM
My Badges

Hi André,

thank you very much for your explanation. My customer just asked this and I wasn't sure what to answer. This is very clear.

Have a great day.

Kind regards

Jaroslava

Verified Answer

Hi Jaroslava,

It doesn't make sense to have stocked items distributed to three different dimension values. That is the reason why it is not available. When I mentioned the procurement category, I was intending to say that you can create order lines without an item, but only with a procurement category.

It is intended to be able to split costs. Services and categories will be expensed, so the split is available here. A stocked item is not an expense but represents a balance value.

Sourav Dam responded on 13 Jun 2019 5:14 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Jaroslava,

As André said; the split functionality will not work if the item is stocked type. In addition to that, just check if you are trying to procure a fixed asset through purchase order by using any service type item or not. If Yes, then also system will not allow you to do splitting.

Best regards,

Sourav Dam

Verified Answer

Hi Jaroslava,

For stocked items it is not possible as it is not considered as cost, but a balance value. When selling or consuming the goods, the cost value can be different, then creating wrong reversals on the balance account.

Suggested Answer

Hi Jaroslava,

What is the item type and settings on the item model group? If it is a stocked product, you cannot do a split. It actually works for procurement categories and service items.

Sourav Dam responded on 14 Jun 2019 2:26 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Jaroslava,

The item model group cannot be changed if transactions are already recorded with that item. In that case, you can stop this item from purchasing and from inventory posting (in case if it is stocked) and also from sales (if required) by ticking the 'Stopped' check mark available in Default order settings form in both Purchase order and Inventory section.

Best regards,

Sourav Dam

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS