SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Go-Live Azure DB Storage Sizing D365 Unified Operations

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

Ozan Patlar asked a question on 13 Jun 2019 8:18 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

When we go live, does Microsoft charge a fee if the default capacity of 20 GB is exceeded in the licensing guide? Or does it adjust the size of the database itself and charge no fees? My question to the cloud

Satish Panwar responded on 13 Jun 2019 8:44 AM

Database storage: Every Finance and Operations subscription includes 10 GB of Azure SQL Database storage per customer at no additional charge. Additional storage capacity is provided at no charge as an organization increases the number of user and device service licenses. For more information about the various environments and the various types of storage, download the latest Microsoft Dynamics 365 Licensing Guide from Dynamics 365 pricing.

Refer link below:

docs.microsoft.com/.../environment-planning

Ozan Patlar responded on 13 Jun 2019 9:01 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Satish. Thank you for your answer.

So, If I have 20 Full user license, I can only reach the 30 GB (20GB + (20 * 0.5)) azure DB storege freely for live environment, right?

Also, we have a customer that has 1TB MSSQL. What is the average size of the Azure database that corresponds to the 1TB MSSQL database?

Satish Panwar responded on 13 Jun 2019 10:04 AM

Your calculations seems correct @ 30GB. Azure databases does have compression turned on but I won't be able to know how much 1 TB would be when in Azure SQL. Suggest that you work with your MS partner on additional storage and pricing.

Ozan Patlar responded on 13 Jun 2019 9:01 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Satish. Thank you for your answer.

So, If I have 20 Full user license, I can only reach the 30 GB (20GB + (20 * 0.5)) azure DB storege freely for live environment, right?

Also, we have a customer that has 1TB MSSQL. What is the average size of the Azure database that corresponds to the 1TB MSSQL database?

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS