SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Create D365FO Case from Flow

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

Willem van Duren asked a question on 13 Jun 2019 8:45 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Good afternoon all!

I have a question. I have created a PowerApp in which a user can enter text and upload a picture to sharepoint. What I would like to do next is to create a new [Case] in Dynamics 365FO and paste the text and picture link into this case. I was hoping I could use flow for this, but I do not know how to approach this. I cannot find the Case-table in the list of creating new records.

Is it possible to create a new Case in 365FO using Flow ? Or should I think of another approach to reach this goal ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Suggested Answer

Hi,

There seems currently no case entity available in flow. Before trying to create a new entity, I would like to ask why don't you track all of your cases directly on SharePoint? Why do you need D365FO actually? Time recording can be done on SharePoint as it can be done in D365FO and since you already have the picture there I cannot see a reason why you do not 'leave' everything on SharePoint?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Willem van Duren responded on 14 Jun 2019 2:12 AM

Hi Ludwig!

Actually I do not use Sharepoint at this moment other than for data storage. I use Dynamics365 FO cases to register and administer customer complaints. I would like to keep everything in one application. Is it possible to add the Case entity to flow? Will there be disadvantages of that (license wise)?

Kind regards, Willem.

Suggested Answer

Hello Willem,

If you want to have all in D365FO then you will need some help from development because not everything can be accessed from the PowerPlatform - at least not at the moment.

Rather than doing that, I would recommend using SharePoint or CDS instead because you don't need to develop anything there.

Also, using SharePoint only as data storage is a quite expensive solution.

CDS should do the same and is available for free.

Yet, I would recommend that you browse a bit for some blog posts on this topic because I have seen a couple of them who track all such cases in SharePoint and/or CDS only. The setup and configuration seems much easier and no development is required.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hi,

There seems currently no case entity available in flow. Before trying to create a new entity, I would like to ask why don't you track all of your cases directly on SharePoint? Why do you need D365FO actually? Time recording can be done on SharePoint as it can be done in D365FO and since you already have the picture there I cannot see a reason why you do not 'leave' everything on SharePoint?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hello Willem,

If you want to have all in D365FO then you will need some help from development because not everything can be accessed from the PowerPlatform - at least not at the moment.

Rather than doing that, I would recommend using SharePoint or CDS instead because you don't need to develop anything there.

Also, using SharePoint only as data storage is a quite expensive solution.

CDS should do the same and is available for free.

Yet, I would recommend that you browse a bit for some blog posts on this topic because I have seen a couple of them who track all such cases in SharePoint and/or CDS only. The setup and configuration seems much easier and no development is required.

Best regards,

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS