SBX - Forum Post Title

Trial balance - Account range

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

Kim Johnson asked a question on 13 Jun 2019 9:44 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi All, 

I can't seem to pull account range in D365.  I don't think I can do the dot anymoreore.  Is there any other way that I can quickly pull certain accounts' balances quickly in the trial balance?  Thanks!

Suggested Answer

Hello Kim, 

One possibility is using the 'is one of' option, which can be configured and used as follows

You should be able fill the 'one of' fields by copying and pasting the values from Excel. 

It is not exactly what we had before but maybe an alternative option for you. 

Best regards, 

Ludwig

Sourav Dam responded on 13 Jun 2019 10:04 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Kim,

This is still possible. However, you need to filter in certain way as shown below.

In case, if you are not getting the 'Between' option in selection; you can try with ranges. For example, 1101012..1103013. System will automatically set it as 'Between'. Once you click on OK, you will be able to see only filtered main accounts in TB.

I believe, there is no limit of this searching parameter in any existing version. However, for your information, I am using version 8 with platform update 24. You can check this again in your environment as available with you.

Best regards,

Sourav Dam

MATTGUO responded on 14 Jun 2019 1:47 AM
My Badges

Hi Kim,

By the way, as Sourav said, you need to change the filter to Match before clicking apply, then it will be set as between.

Suggested Answer

Hello Kim, 

One possibility is using the 'is one of' option, which can be configured and used as follows

You should be able fill the 'one of' fields by copying and pasting the values from Excel. 

It is not exactly what we had before but maybe an alternative option for you. 

Best regards, 

Ludwig

Sourav Dam responded on 13 Jun 2019 10:04 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Kim,

This is still possible. However, you need to filter in certain way as shown below.

In case, if you are not getting the 'Between' option in selection; you can try with ranges. For example, 1101012..1103013. System will automatically set it as 'Between'. Once you click on OK, you will be able to see only filtered main accounts in TB.

I believe, there is no limit of this searching parameter in any existing version. However, for your information, I am using version 8 with platform update 24. You can check this again in your environment as available with you.

Best regards,

Sourav Dam

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS