SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Accounts structure issue

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

sunil narvaneni asked a question on 13 Jun 2019 10:41 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

1.i have made accounts structure "Allow nulls" for Business unit & Cost centers like below screen shot. so when i am posting General journal without BU&CC showing error as (select department).

2.But in case "Do not allow nulls" in Account structure for BU&CC. General journal posting with BU&CC no error is showing 

In 1st case why it is showing error due to that i am unable to post General journal

Can any one please suggest me 

Thanks

Suggested Answer

Hello sunil, When you tested the different scenarios did you activate your account structure all the time or was it in draft modus?

Best regards,

Ludwig

sunil narvaneni responded on 13 Jun 2019 11:13 AM
My Badges

Hello Ludwig Reinhard, Thank you for your quick reply

When you tested the different scenarios did you activate your account structure

Yes, i have activated Account structure for all scenarios, no draft status

Hi Sunil,

Was the main account in the range of the account numbers as per this account structure? Please double check if the account structure really got activated. In the most recent versions, it is running in the background (batch) and no direct error message is presented in case of errors. You can check the batch history if there were errors during activation.

Sourav Dam responded on 13 Jun 2019 4:44 PM
My Badges

Hi Sunil,

Can you check is there any value you selected in Derived dimension area or not!

Basically derived dimension is used to mandate another dimension value when a specific dimension value is selected. For example; if you mention that when BU dimension value is selected as BU1, then a department dimension value DP1 should be selected as mandatory dimension value.

Also, please don't compare this with advanced rule structure. Advanced rule structure is little different where you can mandate a Department dimension value with any other dimension (like BU) but that Department dimension value cannot be selected automatically during transaction posting after selecting the BU value. It will show you only value (for Department dimension) is available to select in combination of that Business unit once you set this in advanced rule structure.

In case if you have done the setup for Derived dimension and then do not set the Department as available segment in your account structure; you will not get any department dimension value to select during transaction posting due to which you might get this error.

Please check this area.

Best regards,

Sourav Dam

sunil narvaneni responded on 13 Jun 2019 10:05 PM
My Badges

Thanks you Andre,

Given range of accounts structure only posting general journal, no issue with account structure it got activated. I am using version 8.

sunil narvaneni responded on 13 Jun 2019 10:10 PM
My Badges

Thanks you sourav dam,

We are using Version number 8, in version 8. We do not have derived dimensions future, derived dimensions future is from 8.1

Thanks you

Hi Sunil,

Another wild guess: Do you have advanced rule structures setup? Can you otherwise share a screenshot of the exact error message?

Suggested Answer

Hi sunil,

Do you make use of the new derived financial dimension functionality where dependencies between different findims can be  configured?

In the derived financial dimension form you can specify whether or not changes to the default dimensions are allowed and this might be related to the error you receive.

In case you don't use this functionality, please share a screenprint of your setup an the configuration made including advanced rule structures (if used).

Many thanks,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hello sunil, When you tested the different scenarios did you activate your account structure all the time or was it in draft modus?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hi sunil,

Do you make use of the new derived financial dimension functionality where dependencies between different findims can be  configured?

In the derived financial dimension form you can specify whether or not changes to the default dimensions are allowed and this might be related to the error you receive.

In case you don't use this functionality, please share a screenprint of your setup an the configuration made including advanced rule structures (if used).

Many thanks,

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS