SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

database log for inventory transfer , movement , adjustment , counting ?

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

phong.pham asked a question on 13 Jun 2019 5:40 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Dear All,

I want to setup database log for  inventory transfer , movement , adjustment , counting. But When I go to setup database log I can't see table inventJournalTable,inventJournalTrans in there . If Any body know it please support.

MATTGUO responded on 13 Jun 2019 9:48 PM
My Badges

Hi phong,

They are all in inventory journal table/line.

Donot suggest you enable all of it. There are a lot of inventory transactions occurring everyday and it may slow down performance.

Just enable it for deletion.

Satish Panwar responded on 13 Jun 2019 9:52 PM

Hi Phong,

What exactly are you trying to achieve with database log? Are you trying to trace some issues you are having?

Suggested Answer

Hello phong.pham,

Fully agree with Mattguo. It might not be a good idea logging item related transactional data. If you record a lot of them your system might work considerably slower.

Why is it that you want to track them?

Do you have some people who always make mistakes or who you do not trust?

For the latter, some additional training might be the better option compared to enabling the database log.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hello phong.pham,

Fully agree with Mattguo. It might not be a good idea logging item related transactional data. If you record a lot of them your system might work considerably slower.

Why is it that you want to track them?

Do you have some people who always make mistakes or who you do not trust?

For the latter, some additional training might be the better option compared to enabling the database log.

Best regards,

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS