SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Data Entity created for Standard tables dont populate any record

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

B Kaptech asked a question on 14 Jun 2019 1:00 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I have created two Data Entities for standard tables i.e Salesline and CustinvoiceTrans. The records aren't populated in the Data Entity. Even exported the Entity and checked. Found there is no record in the staging table.

I need to use these two tables for Power BI. Thus created entities for accessing them on Power BI. 

(Screenshot below - Accessed the Entity in Power BI and found 0 records) 

Any suggestions, as to why the table records aren't populating in the Entity?

Do you see any error ? Did you check execution log ?

D365 Developer responded on 14 Jun 2019 3:55 PM

Check the execution log to find out error if anything occurred. Also check the Primary company context on the entity properties. If you see it set to anything, clear it and try.

Hi,

Is this a development environment? If so, did you synchronize the database? Can you tell how you created the entities? Are you in the correct company?

B Kaptech responded on 14 Jun 2019 11:04 PM

Its a development environment, I am in the correct company. Done a full build and DB sync.

I even exported the entity, the staging table has no records.

Data entity creation steps

1. Add new item- data entity

2. Add primary data source

3. Click next, finish

Can you check if the underlying tables has data ? Does your  entity contains only one datasource ?

B Kaptech responded on 15 Jun 2019 2:12 AM

Yes the table has data. It is salesline table.

And yes, my entity contain only 1 data source.

Suggested Answer

Did you try to create a data management project and export your entity to file? Does the file contain any records? Staging might be empty if you chose to "Skip staging" in the data management project settings.

Also are you running it in a context of a company where data exist in the table? For example if you run it in DAT it will be empty.

D365 Developer responded on 15 Jun 2019 6:58 AM

Can you check if the staging table has data or no

B Kaptech responded on 15 Jun 2019 1:07 PM

Staging is empty and even the downloaded file is empty. And I am in appropriate company.

Not in DAT.

I even tried clearing the primary context data in entity property. It dint work though

Suggested Answer

Then you need to compare to standard entities which work (do they) and try to find the difference.

B Kaptech responded on 17 Jun 2019 1:16 AM

I found there isn't any difference. Still, the issue exists.

No records in the Sales line entity.

Did you try exporting standard entity?

B Kaptech responded on 17 Jun 2019 1:23 AM

Yes, there are records in standard entities.

I have exported and checked it already.

Suggested Answer

Then the only possible explanation is in your entity. Do you agree?

Are you sure you don't have any child data sources? If you have date effective tables, such as address, in a child data source, and it's outer joined, it will export only those records where the child data source date is valid as of today.

Suggested Answer

Did you try to create a data management project and export your entity to file? Does the file contain any records? Staging might be empty if you chose to "Skip staging" in the data management project settings.

Also are you running it in a context of a company where data exist in the table? For example if you run it in DAT it will be empty.

Suggested Answer

Then you need to compare to standard entities which work (do they) and try to find the difference.

Suggested Answer

Then the only possible explanation is in your entity. Do you agree?

Are you sure you don't have any child data sources? If you have date effective tables, such as address, in a child data source, and it's outer joined, it will export only those records where the child data source date is valid as of today.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS