SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

D365 FO Connectivity to MySQl.

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

Shivam Gautam asked a question on 14 Jun 2019 1:54 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

How to Connect D365 FO (SQL Server) to My SQL?

Please explain in detail , what you want to do .

Satish Panwar responded on 14 Jun 2019 1:41 PM

Hi Shivam,

Even though you may find something to connect in DEV environment, you won't be able to use the connection in production environment. Basically you don't have access to Azure sql server (provided you will be using Azure and not using on-premise installation). If you trying to get data out of D365, start looking at data entities and see what they can do for you.

Rahul Mohta responded on 15 Jun 2019 4:42 AM
Suggested Answer

you have to use export options or integration

One of the possible way is BYODW and if would like to user Azure data lake then it is also an option now

shivam gautam1 responded on 18 Jun 2019 11:43 PM

But I am working on D365 (On Prem) Environment, there's no use of Azure in my project.

Suggested Answer

You could develop a C# solution for connecting to MySQL and use it from x++. I'm sure there are plenty of articles about connecting from C# class to a MySQL database.

On the other hand, if you are on premises, you can also use SSIS, SQL agent jobs or many other things to copy data from D365FO db to MySQL db.

What is your business requirement?

I'm also curious what you need to achieve. Note that when a customer is now running on-premise, they might consider the cloud in future. Also similar requirements might be valid for customers already running in the cloud. So, try to think in a solution direction which would be suitable for any deployment type (depending on the requirement)

Rahul Mohta responded on 19 Jun 2019 1:50 AM
Suggested Answer

see if REST API helps

Data management framework's package representational state transfer (REST) application programming interface (API). The package API lets you integrate with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations by using data packages. The REST API can be used with both cloud deployments and on-premises deployments.

Rahul Mohta responded on 15 Jun 2019 4:42 AM
Suggested Answer

you have to use export options or integration

One of the possible way is BYODW and if would like to user Azure data lake then it is also an option now

Suggested Answer

You could develop a C# solution for connecting to MySQL and use it from x++. I'm sure there are plenty of articles about connecting from C# class to a MySQL database.

On the other hand, if you are on premises, you can also use SSIS, SQL agent jobs or many other things to copy data from D365FO db to MySQL db.

What is your business requirement?

Rahul Mohta responded on 19 Jun 2019 1:50 AM
Suggested Answer

see if REST API helps

Data management framework's package representational state transfer (REST) application programming interface (API). The package API lets you integrate with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations by using data packages. The REST API can be used with both cloud deployments and on-premises deployments.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS