SBX - Forum Post Title

D 365 F &O DB Reset

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

Karunakaran nainar asked a question on 14 Jun 2019 5:19 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

HI All,

We had a UAT environment which ran into functional issues, we decided to reset it to a blank DB, What request in LCS has to be raised for thsi

Verified Answer

You can redeploy the complete environment or take a backup of an environment which has no data. Also read my blog how to get an empty database: dynamicspedia.com/.../how-to-start-with-empty-ax-database-in-your-local-vm

Verified Answer

For Tier 2 environment you can do point in time restore and https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/unified-operations/dev-itpro/database/database-point-in-time-restore

For Tier 1 you have to manually restore a backup, if you have one or delete the environment and deploy new one.

Sona Jee responded on 15 Jun 2019 1:45 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Karunakaran nainar

Best option is to take a backup of an environment which has empty data and then restore back to your environment.

Thanks

Sona Jee

Rahul Mohta responded on 15 Jun 2019 4:41 AM
Verified Answer

UAT environment, could redeploy/reconfigure with blank data and import config and data and run UAT.

Is the issue due to data or code? If code issue then first resolve the issue in dev.

One more option is to restore bacpac from dev to UAT

Verified Answer

You can redeploy the complete environment or take a backup of an environment which has no data. Also read my blog how to get an empty database: dynamicspedia.com/.../how-to-start-with-empty-ax-database-in-your-local-vm

Verified Answer

For Tier 2 environment you can do point in time restore and https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/unified-operations/dev-itpro/database/database-point-in-time-restore

For Tier 1 you have to manually restore a backup, if you have one or delete the environment and deploy new one.

Sona Jee responded on 15 Jun 2019 1:45 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Karunakaran nainar

Best option is to take a backup of an environment which has empty data and then restore back to your environment.

Thanks

Sona Jee

Rahul Mohta responded on 15 Jun 2019 4:41 AM
Verified Answer

UAT environment, could redeploy/reconfigure with blank data and import config and data and run UAT.

Is the issue due to data or code? If code issue then first resolve the issue in dev.

One more option is to restore bacpac from dev to UAT

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS