SBX - Forum Post Title

Matching in D365 Finance & Operation

Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Forum

Kumar asked a question on 14 Jun 2019 10:43 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello friends,

I have 3 simple questions related to matching. I would like the 3 way matching but would like to have no matching for taxes and charges . In 3 way matching  - I would like the price and quantity to match for PO, Receiving and Invoicing (standard). My questions: 

1) How do I setup this - would it be fine if I say no invoice total and charges matchings and yes to 3 way matching?

2) I'd like to allow $15 as price tolerance on a $ total basis, how do I configure it? If I say no invoice total, I cannot define a tolerance for invoice total. Also, if I configure "yes" to invoice total, I would not be able to change taxes and charges.

3.) Please make me understand if I have a PO with a quantity of 5 and I am receiving 3 1st time (and 2 next time) then why it is not considered a matching discrepancy (for my understanding only)?

Kumar

MATTGUO responded on 17 Jun 2019 2:18 AM
My Badges

Hi Kumar,

1. No invoice total, no charges matching and no price total matching, then you can use this case, matching without taxes and charges.

2. Do you think about setting up price tolerance to line level?

3. How many quantities does the invoice have? If it is 5, it will fine, if not, you can check the product receipt matching. The quantity on the invoice is matched to product receipt quantities that have been received.

Rahul Mohta responded on 17 Jun 2019 8:21 AM
Suggested Answer

+ Matt

On PO, receiving partially is allowed hence during invoice creation when match product receipts is done at that time the qty validation would happen

Rahul Mohta responded on 17 Jun 2019 8:21 AM
Suggested Answer

+ Matt

On PO, receiving partially is allowed hence during invoice creation when match product receipts is done at that time the qty validation would happen

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS