Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Now Available in Community - New TechTalk Videos for 2020
Read More about New TechTalks for 2020
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
1. I have setup an email template for PR Approvers to receive from Org. Administration.
2. I then went to my PR header workflow > Basic settings > Entered the Name, Owner , Submission instructions but when I drop down the 'Email template for workflow notifications: it's blank. I was hoping to see the template as per step 1. above to pick.
3. So when I send a PR for approval, Approver gets an alert but no emails have been sent. (when I go to Sys. Admin > Periodic tasks > Email Processing > Email sending status it's blank)
4. I have also setup the followings trying to achieve this ;
a. setting up email parameters
b. entered the email address for approver
3. Sys. Admin> Periodic task > Email processing > Batch processing is Turned on
4. Approver's 'Send notifications for emails' is turned on from user options
What else am I missing for not generating email notifications?
You can check the documentation if you missed some setup: docs.microsoft.com/.../configure-email
As can be seen in the link Andre shared: E-mail templates to be used for company-specific records are configured in Organization administration module. Templates to be used environment-wide are configured in System administration module.
Purchase requisitions are not company specific, they are shared records instead. So, templates for purchase requisitions e-mails are configured in: System administration/Setup/Email/Email messages. While e-mail templates for purchase orders are configured in: Organization administration/Setup/Email templates.
Thanks Andre and Fatih!!
Fatih: Great tip. this was exactly the issue.
When I created the template from Sys. Admin instead of the Org. Admin, I was able to see the template to pick in step 2 of my question above.
And that resolved the issue.
Business Applications communities