Now Available in Community - New TechTalk Videos for 2020
2020 release wave 1 Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 Timeline
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
You probably have bumped into this situation where you or one of the key-users customized extensively several forms, created a list of favorites and several complex filters in Dynamics AX 365.
Question is: how to copy in one go from user x to user y without going through the pain of copying record by record - that's unfortunately one of the only options available. It is time consuming and cumbersome to say the least.
Bear in mind this is just a suggestion and obviously open to any corrections/remarks. I thought sharing our own experience to help you. It worked with us and saved us a lot of time.
Here's what you need:
- A developer
- Tables: FormRunConfiguration,
1. Create a basic main() class. If you have access to AX2012, create a job and then copy it to D365 and change the Job name to main() and you have it. An experienced developer will understand this.
2. Inside the class, create a simple dialog with fields like "From User" (original user), "To User" (destination user). We also add the options "Replace and Update" for future use (don't worry about this now, we are just replacing).
3. Call method Delete to clear the tables mentioned above based on destination User, field User or UserId.
4. Start reading the table FormRunConfiguration based on original User (Loop Start)
5. Copy record and insert into FormRunConfiguration based on destination User, meaning change original user to destination user after copying the record.
6. Now the important part:
7. Read the next FormRunConfiguration record based on original user. (Loop end)
8. Create loops, copy/past, change only the User/UserId where necessary for the other tables: FormRunConfigurationOptions (optional), SysMenuNavigationFavoriteItemsTable (optional), SysLastValueSysLastValue is mandatory if you want to copy the favorites and the filters. The others are optional.
9. Create a menu entry to call this class.
That's basically it. Good luck.
I will try to answer any questions, just don't ask me to send you the source code. I will not do it.
Many thanks for this information.
The next time you have an information that you want to share please post it on a blog and ask to sync it with those listed in the community forum to auto update the community.
The forum is designed for Q&A ;-)
Thank you for using Dynamics 365 Finance Communities.
Thank you for sharing this with the community!
Thank you in advance for posting via a blog for other useful information!
SR Support Engineer
Dynamics 365 Finance
Business Applications communities