Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Now Available in Community - New TechTalk Videos for 2020
Read More about New TechTalks for 2020
2020 release wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
1. Go to Cash and bank management>Bankl accounts, then create a new bank account (Test123) then link to a certain main account, for example: 123456
2. Go to Accounts Payable>Payments>Vendor payment journal, then create a new Vendor payment journal, go to Lines, choose Offset account type as Bank, Offset account as Test123 then Validate
3. Error received: "Account number for transaction type Bank does not exist.
4. Go to General Ledger>Ledger setup>Ledger, choose the account structure and I am able to see that the main account 123456 exists in this Balance Sheet account structure.
5. Deleted 123456 from account structure then retry Step 2, still received error as in step 3
6. Go to General Ledger>Chart of accounts>Accounts>Main accounts. Then create a new main account 123457, using same set-up for main account 123456 (Main account category), then repeat from Step 1. No error was found in step 3.
Do you have any ideas how the error happened. Obviously the main account does exist in the account structure.
This is should not happen. If Main account is added in accounting structure and accounting structure is activate & Mapped to ledger setup, it can be used in any transaction.
Did you try passing any manual entry using the main account 123456? and validate if you get same error?
It should not be because of posting profile mapping? for bank transaction type?
Good Morning L,
When you make vendor payments you typically make use of a method of payment that is linked to your bank bank account that you setup.
Is this the case?
This method of payment ensures that your company's bank account is selected for making payments.
The other thing that you have to make sure is that your vendor has also a 'vendor' bank account set up to which you transfer the money.
Please double check in your payment journal that both information (vendor bank account and your company bank account) correctly default into the journal. Otherwise, you will get such kind of error messages.
1. I did try to pass manual entry using the main account and same error happened
2. Where should I go to check posting profile mapping for bank transaction type?
Moreover, I don't do any set-up except for changing main account in the Bank account set-up. others setting are the same.
1. If I choose Bank as offset account first, I can then change Method of payment.
However, if I choose Method of payment first, it will automatically changed Offset account to Ledger.
Is that what you mean?
2. The method of payment (CHEQUE) is the same for both journals: the first one with main account 123456 and the second one with main account 123457 however, first journal showed the error while second journal did not.
3. Again, the same Vendor account was used for both journals: the first one with main account 123456 and the second one with main account 123457 and only the first journal failed.
4. Vendor account doesn't have any bank accounts associated with it. However, I am still able to post with main account 123457.
can you try other bank to see whether have this issue. if with no issue then change the main account with the correct bank's. then test the new bank. if no issue we can confirm that the issue is cause of main account.
Yes I did create another Bank account (Test 2) and assign both main account 123456 and 123457 to that Bank account. Issue only happens with main account 123456. I can confirm that issue happened with main account but unable to find what could possibly be the issue
consider review of accounting structure and ensure the control bank account in included and suggest
If you saw my initial question at step 4, I did mention that the main account does exist in account structure.
Hi L Dinh,
When you had seen the main account 123456 in the account structure, did you also check that account structure was activated including this value? You didn't mention this in your first question.
Sorry Andre for not mentioning,
Yes it was in draft mode, then I activated and waited until it was changed to active before going back to create a new Vendor payment journal.
By the way, I found several other main accounts with the same issue, so I guess there must be some kind of set-up that caused the error
I suggest you compare the account without error and account with error. find the difference between them. then we should be find the root cause.
Thank you for your reply. I checked within the set up. all look the same and those with errors were created by someone else not me, hence, I am still struggling with what could possibly be the reason.
Can you show a screenshot how the accounts are setup in the account structure(s)?
Business Applications communities