Check out the latest Marketing updates!Learn about the key capabilities and features of Dynamics 365 Marketing and experience some of the new features.
Download overview guide | Watch Marketing video
2020 release wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 Timeline
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I am looking for some feedback on D365 Marketing with regards to the following areas, I have a client about to decide on this or Click which i am more familiar with and i need some honest feedback on marketing how it progressed in last 12 months and forms pro also, is seemed a bit buggy 12 months ago.
The following detail is from an implementation of D365 marketing and issues they had 12 months ago where we ended up using a front end dev to resolve the following problem
1) Email Authoring - It makes it seem like that the email authoring is flexible, but it is entirely based on the templates created by developers. The rich text editors do not have table mark-up, or even basic header / paragraph formatting. In our experience, we have had to create very specific layout email templates, which significantly reduces flexibility (what if they want more sections, rows, columns?). As a work around, we have created blank "content blocks" that are of different configurations (different rows, columns etc) which are then edited by the user. However, in order for these content blocks to be editable, we need to make a change in the HTML mark-up that changes the entire email to rich text, instead of using the built in designer functionality.
2) online editor - We have found issues with the online editors- there have been times when our saved work isn't what we expect, perhaps it doesn't save properly or our pages require frequent saving / refreshing. We have also experienced our Marketing Pages lose association with Marketing Forms. I.e. we specify a marketing form on a marketing page, but then later discover that the Marketing page doesn't load the form, we then have to edit the page and re-create the association.
3) Surveys (VOC) - In regards to surveys, unique survey urls are sent to participants via email. The gotcha here is that particular functionality (unique urls) only works through the older CRM Email and Campaign functionality. Sending a survey link using Marketing Emails / Customer Journeys does not create unique links, it will only send anonymous links.
we will implement Forms pro but this seems to ring through in there also that we can only personalise a survey link if we send email from CRM and not a customer journey or via power automate?
1. Email content designer will get improvement in 2020 wave 1 release:
Currently some features are not available as what you mentioned, you could copy output from other rich text editor and paste into text element as workaround.
And your workaround for reusable layout would be the only option at present.
2. Does this behavior always happen and does this behavior happen among different browsers? Will it happens when everything is in good condition?(good network and browser cache has been cleared)
3. Does your unique survey url mean Invitation Link field in Survey Activity entity?
As far as I know, activity email and marketing email have different back end engine, so features of them would be different.
For personalise survey link, you could create a custom field for contact to save the personalised survey link data, then add it in marketing email with dynamic expression.
Appreciate your feedback,
Regarding surveys its the below, we will be moving to Forms pro.
Distribute a survey to non-anonymous respondents
For non-anonymous surveys, the link you send to respondents is specific and unique for each customer. Dynamics 365 generates the URLs for you to use when you create a survey invitation or embed the survey snippet in an email.
Sign in to the Voice of the Customer legacy web client or open Voice of the Customer app.
Go to Voice of the Customer > Surveys.
Select the name of the survey for which you want to receive non-anonymous responses.
Under Invitations and Actions, copy the value from the Email Snippet field and send it to your respondents through Dynamics 365 email.
I think that Email Snippet for personalised link could only works in activity email because marketing email has its own processing engine.
However, as you mentioned, if you use forms pro for survey, you can modify email template in Forms Pro to send beautiful email as well as marketing email.
It seems that using Forms Pro as survey in customer journey will be available in 2020 wave 1 release(April):
Currently you can send survey email with personalised link by OOB Forms Pro connector in Flow(Power Automate)
Introduction about custom email template in Forms Pro:
Using flow to integrate D365 and Forms Pro:
Please suugest any of your idea in Ideas forum.
Business Applications communities