Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Check out the latest Marketing updates!Learn about the key capabilities and features of Dynamics 365 Marketing and experience some of the new features.
Download overview guide | Watch Marketing video
2021 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
2021 release wave 2 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
Yes, this can be achieved using positional hierarchy.
1. Enable the position hierarchy.
Refer this link to enable the position hierarchy docs.microsoft.com/.../hierarchy-security
2. Go to Settings -> Security -> Positions -> Create 2 positions as in the below screenshot
3. Add Smith to CEO and add Edward to Sales Person positions respectively.
4. Map CEO as Parent Position for Sales Person When you view hierarchy this should look like as below
5. Ensure that the Security roles assigned to Smith does not give him permission to view all the leads in the organization
For Tony, you can achieve it by making Test 2 BU as parent BU of Test 1 and give the Vice President security role with Parent Child Business Unit level permission on Leads entity.
Hope this helps.
Best Regards,Harish MPlease mark as verified if the answer is helpful. Welcome to join hot discussions in Dynamics 365 Forums
Thank you for this. I tried doing the same earlier and and it didn't worked. I have created a Positional Hierarchy as you explained above and to User Smith I have given security role to access leads on Business Unit level:
After which when I login with smith user, I could not see Edward leads.
Can you please help how smith can view just Edward leads.
1. Please check if the users are added to the respective positions.
2. While enabling the hierarchy security - select Custom Position Hierarchy not Manager hierarchy
3. Ensure that Lead entity is not excluded from hierarchy.
Business Applications communities