Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those solely of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect Microsoft’s current policy, position, or branding. For official announcements and guidance on Dynamics 365 apps and services, please visit the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Blog.
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | View virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
With the previous releases, PSA could allow adjustment of Time Entry hours via mere plain Journal entries. That means, if we need to adjust a couple of hours or adjust a time entry worth 4 hours, we needed to make a 4 hours journal entry, which could not be tracked against a Time entry.
With PSA V3.7 there is a Journal correction for Time Entries which can be done against a Time Entry done. How do we do it is shown in the below steps:
2. Approve the same via Time Entries for approvals.
3. As soon as the time entries are approved, they get converted to Actuals. This can be validated by going to Project Contract – Select the appropriate Contract – Actuals.
You will see there are 2 records that get created:
2. Unbilled Sales.
4. In order to get the same adjusted via Journals, go to Journal Entries, SalesàJournals and click on +New
5. Write the Description and select the Journal Type Equals “Time Correction” and Save the record.
6. Click on Browsers back button, Open the Record from Active Journal view and click on Time Entry Corrections Tab.
7.Fill in the fields:
8. From the below grid select the Time Entry for which the correction is needed, by clicking on the Add Existing Time Entry and then select the time entry from the quick create form that opens and click on Add.
9. Post Step 7 and Step 8 is done, click on Preview Button from the Ribbon control as highlighted in the screen shot below.
10. It will highlight the Journal Lines Tab and show you the Journal Entries with negative values of the value of the time entry and there will be 4 records that can be seen. 2 with a positive value of the time entry and 2 with negative that is the Adjustment value.
This is how we can do the adjustment of the time entry which indirectly creates a Journal entry against the time entry done.
This blog reflects my personal findings and based solely on my experience of using PSA for last 3+ years. For those who are looking for a platform that can track and manage the entire procedures of sales and project managements, I would highly recommend them to try Microsoft dynamics 365 for project service automation.
The post Time Entry Adjustment in Journal with PSA V3.7 appeared first on Cloudfronts - Microsoft Dynamics 365 | Power Bi | Azure.
Business Applications communities