Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2020 release wave 1 Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 Timeline
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I'm trying to add a couple of custom booking statuses for a PSA project. I've added a couple of records (including one called Not Available) in the Booking Status entity, and I can see it in the legend of the Schedule Board.
However, when I go to book someone onto a project (selecting a project from the Booking Requirements section, and using the pop up on the right hand side), I can only see three booking statuses (Hard, Proposed, Soft). Similarly, when attempting to change the status of an existing booking, I can only see four statuses (Hard, Proposed, Soft, Canceled).
What am I missing in order to add new Booking Statuses to the booking wizard? I've searched everywhere, and I can't find any way to add them.
I haven't had a chance to play with statuses yet but here is some food for thought:
1. Booking statuses (do not change): 1 Proposed, 2 Committed, 3 Canceled. MS confirmed that changing these may have unpredictable consequences.
2. Commit types (do not change):
192350000 None192350001 Hard Book192350002 Soft Book192350003 Proposed
MS confirmed that changing these may have unpredictable consequences.
3. The best article that describes this: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/crm/2017/06/01/manage-the-status-of-your-teams-bookings-with-universal-resource-scheduling/
4. John Burrows: We support multiple statuses within the commit types. For example with the Free of charge scenario, I assume that the resource is still hard booked on the project, you could add another status "Free of charge" that has a commit type of Hard Book and status committed.
5. Entities that may be used to control what is going on with bookings: Booking setup metadata, Booking Status, Booking priority, Booking rule.
6. You can also ask for access to our Yammer Group for partners. It is called Project Service Automation Community - Public for Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation Partners (Partner Confidential). You can find the group at: https://www.yammer.com/crmpartner o rhttps://www.yammer.com/crmpartner/#/threads/inGroup?type=in_group&feedId=7849367. There is a good thread about booking statuses there.
I hope this will be useful.
Thanks very much for the response, managed to figure it out in the end, with help from the article you linked! The thing that caught me out the most is that the Commit Type option set isn't on the Booking Status form at all!
Business Applications communities