Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I am trying to add a team member to a project so that the team member can enter time sheet. What allocation method should i choose? We do not use resource booking etc. It is like a service desk structure that if you have worked on it then put time to it.
I created a project and can enter time and the sales amount is calculating correctly. However a dummy resource set up the same way is not having the sales amount calculated. The only difference between the dummy resource and me is the following:-
1) Dummy resource did not create project
2) Dummy resource is either added to Team with allocation none or not added to team at all (both still gives me 0 sales price but says that the number of hours is billable.)
3) Different role but the role is in the price list with an amount attached to it.
Any help would be great!
The best way is to:
1. Add the team members as the Resources in the system.
2. Go to the schedule board and allocate tasks against each team member you want.
3. Ask the team member to do the time entries against the task allocated and with the role allocated.
This way you will be able to track time against the team member and your price list will be respected with the role.
Business Applications communities