Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | View virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I am working on PSA V3.x. I have 2 questions, please help me on these. Thank you so much!
1. How can I change required hours when book a team member? Steps as below:
- Go to Team tab -> Select one record (Required hours = 4 hours)-> Click Book button -> System shows a screen to book a resource).
- The resource A has 2 un-booked hours on Date A. 2 un-booked hours on Date B, so I want to change 4 required hours into 2 days (2 hours for each day). Can I do this on the screen to book a resource?
2. In my customer company, 1 consultant can work more than 1 projects. so after PM has created project tasks, he want to know when the consultant will be available.
The effort for Functional consultant A for Task "Collect requirement module A" = 3 days from 03/26/2019 - 03/28/2019 but. He is already booked to another project on 03/27/2019. So when booking a resource, PM want to know the FC is not available on 03/27/2019 and then the PM can split this task in 2 periods. the first one on 03/26/2019 and the second one from 03/28/2019 - 03/29/2019? How I can do this?
Thank you so much,
Hi Ly Tran.
1. If the requirement is for a specific day then you would need to change to resource requirement and possibly the contour of the requirement. This probably affects your task's end date as well.
2. Bookable Resource Bookings can be seen on the Schedule Board so that gives a view to bookings. As to splitting the booking, this is essentially the contour of the requirement so when a requirement is created, its contour is changed with "Specify Pattern" from under the Team tab on a Project.
Business Applications communities