SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Issue: While creating a Contact (child/related) from the Account (parent) record and changing the auto-populated Account Name (before create/first save), the Account Name on the Contact defaults to the Account from which the Contact was created.

Dynamics 365 for Sales Forum

Yogesh3188 asked a question on 13 Jul 2018 2:38 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi Team,

This is regarding Microsoft Dynamics CRM Hub UI/ Unified Interface issue. While creating a Contact (child/related) from the Account (parent) record and changing the auto-populated Account Name (before create/first save), the Account Name on the Contact defaults to the Account from which the Contact was created even when it is changed before the create. This issue occurring for all the parent and related records (even out-of-box ). This issue is reproducible only on the CRM Hub UI/ Unified Interface and not on the classic UI.

Regards,

Yogesh

Drew Poggemann responded on 14 Jul 2018 6:17 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Yogesh3188,

I am working with version:  Server version: 9.0.2.449 (DB 9.0.2.449)

1.  I went into an Account in the Sales Hub and clicked on "Related" and chose Contacts

2.  I chose to Create new Contact which brought up a quick create screen in the Unified Interface and I changed the Account from the one populated to a different Account

3.  I saved the Contact

After doing the above it saved the contact under the new account that I had selected.  

Are you in a prior version (i.e. 8.2)?  Looks like this is fixed in the current version if so.  Otherwise if your steps behave differently than the above you should open a case with Microsoft.

Hope this helps.

Drew Poggemann responded on 14 Jul 2018 6:17 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Yogesh3188,

I am working with version:  Server version: 9.0.2.449 (DB 9.0.2.449)

1.  I went into an Account in the Sales Hub and clicked on "Related" and chose Contacts

2.  I chose to Create new Contact which brought up a quick create screen in the Unified Interface and I changed the Account from the one populated to a different Account

3.  I saved the Contact

After doing the above it saved the contact under the new account that I had selected.  

Are you in a prior version (i.e. 8.2)?  Looks like this is fixed in the current version if so.  Otherwise if your steps behave differently than the above you should open a case with Microsoft.

Hope this helps.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS