SBX - Forum Post Title

Business Process Flow not moving to next stage

Dynamics 365 for Sales Forum

Yadnyesh Kuvalekar asked a question on 9 Jan 2017 9:05 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi All,

I have a custom entity and I have created new Business Process flow on that entity in Dynamics 365 Online environment. On my other custom entities the BPFs working properly, but on this entity when I click on next stage it moves to next stage but the active flag remains in first stage only. Also, Set Active button is not clickable and when I reload the record, it is still in first stage only.

Any idea about this issue? Appreciate your help. Thank you.

Rambler responded on 12 Jan 2017 9:48 PM

Hi Yadnyesh. I have experienced a similar issue and it took me a while to determine the cause.

I was able to identify that there was a logic error that meant the BPF could not determine a unique pathway through the flow, and this was the reason it would not allow me to set the next stage as active.

My issue was 2 conditional steps that conflicted each other, however the inbuilt validation identified no errors.

The approach I took was to document the flow in the old format (text lists) and check the flow through. Once I ensured all conditions led to a unique path the BPF allowed me to progress and activate subsequent stages.

Rambler responded on 12 Jan 2017 9:51 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Yadnyesh,

I had a similar problem and determined the cause to be a conflict in the BPF flow.

I have 2 conditions that conflicted each other and as a result the BPF was unable to determine a unique pathway and hence would not proceed to the next step.

My resolution was to go through the flow for each condition and ensure there was one dedicated pathway for all my conditions. Once i resolved the ambiguity in the logic the BPF enabled me to set stages as active again.

It is frustrating that the inbuilt validation did not identify this issue.

Dave

Yadnyesh Kuvalekar responded on 12 Jan 2017 11:34 PM
My Badges

Thanks for the response Rambler.

My BPF does not have any conditions. You can say simplest BPF also not working. 2 stages having 1 field each.

Juan Manuel López Izquierdo responded on 17 Jan 2017 10:06 AM

Hi Yadnyesh, I have the same problem, I think it's a problem when the entity has been created in other versión different to 365.

When I create a new entity and associate a BPF works fine, but if the entity has been migrated doesn't work.

I've opened a tickect with Microsoft, I'm waiting a solution, I'll keep informing you

Yadnyesh Kuvalekar responded on 17 Jan 2017 12:20 PM
My Badges

Thank you for the response.

Guillaume Mercey responded on 25 Jan 2017 2:22 PM

I observe the same issue:

- 1 BPF with 2 entities

- 1 Entity created on Microsoft Dynamics 2016

- 1 Entity created on Dynamics 365

Becky Carr responded on 27 Jan 2017 5:33 AM
My Badges

Hi Yadnesh,

It might also be worth checking whether any of the fields used in the BPF is involved in any workflows.  My colleague had this same issue recently but found that switching the workflow from real time to background (or vice versa - I can't remember) resolved the problem.  Not exactly a resolution, but might be something worth looking into!

Hope this helps,

Becky

sailesh shah responded on 27 Jan 2017 1:33 PM
Suggested Answer

We have the same issue.

After doing some testing it seem to not be related to custom entities as we have the issue with opportunities and account.

What we have notice is if you have a bpf and have a background workflow on the same entity then you get the issue. So either change your workflow to real time or replace it with some other method.

This is not an ideal solution and seems to be a bug with CRM. We have raised a call with Microsoft about this. Let's hope they resolve this issue quickly.

Katina Hester responded on 3 Feb 2017 12:01 PM

I am having the same issue. Deactivating any background workflows or changing to real time fixed the issue. Any news on MSFT to fix this bug?

Guillaume Mercey responded on 4 Feb 2017 11:33 AM

I rebuild my BWF with 2 custom entities created on Dynamics 365 and I had the same issue.

It turns out it was a background workflow that had an error, like for Becky and Sailesh. The error is not obvious so it requires a little bit of investigation on this side.

Rambler responded on 5 Feb 2017 5:53 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi All,

I have progressed through Microsoft support with this issue and can advise they state this is a known issue and the planned release to resolve it will be issued in July 2017.

Until then the workaround is to ensure all workflows on the entity you wish to use a BPF for are real-time, and no background processes are used.

Szczepan responded on 8 Feb 2017 7:58 AM

Hi,

I've had similar issue. What I tried was deactivate all workflows for my entity (Opportunity was the case) and activate them again - it seems to fixed the issue. I also have many background and realtime process.

Mohmedsakil responded on 23 Feb 2017 11:10 PM

I faced the same issue & could get rid of it by deactivating workflows & activating them back. Try this work around till this issue is resolved by MS.

Marjorie Ruiz responded on 30 May 2017 11:02 PM
My Badges

I've had the same issue and I tried your suggestion and it worked for us. I deactivated the workflows and activated the BPF then activated the workflows again. Thank you Yadnyesh! :)

Yadnyesh Kuvalekar

Hi All,

I have a custom entity and I have created new Business Process flow on that entity in Dynamics 365 Online environment. On my other custom entities the BPFs working properly, but on this entity when I click on next stage it moves to next stage but the active flag remains in first stage only. Also, Set Active button is not clickable and when I reload the record, it is still in first stage only.

Any idea about this issue? Appreciate your help. Thank you.

!

moko33 responded on 14 Jun 2017 6:08 AM
My Badges

For our customers OnPrem migration 2015 to 2016 (8.21176) this didn't work. We're getting a record doesn't exist Error for existing business process flows where the system wants to get a record for the instance of the BPF.

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong?

Rambler responded on 12 Jan 2017 9:51 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Yadnyesh,

I had a similar problem and determined the cause to be a conflict in the BPF flow.

I have 2 conditions that conflicted each other and as a result the BPF was unable to determine a unique pathway and hence would not proceed to the next step.

My resolution was to go through the flow for each condition and ensure there was one dedicated pathway for all my conditions. Once i resolved the ambiguity in the logic the BPF enabled me to set stages as active again.

It is frustrating that the inbuilt validation did not identify this issue.

Dave

sailesh shah responded on 27 Jan 2017 1:33 PM
Suggested Answer

We have the same issue.

After doing some testing it seem to not be related to custom entities as we have the issue with opportunities and account.

What we have notice is if you have a bpf and have a background workflow on the same entity then you get the issue. So either change your workflow to real time or replace it with some other method.

This is not an ideal solution and seems to be a bug with CRM. We have raised a call with Microsoft about this. Let's hope they resolve this issue quickly.

Rambler responded on 5 Feb 2017 5:53 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi All,

I have progressed through Microsoft support with this issue and can advise they state this is a known issue and the planned release to resolve it will be issued in July 2017.

Until then the workaround is to ensure all workflows on the entity you wish to use a BPF for are real-time, and no background processes are used.

Michael Mayo responded on 18 Jul 2017 10:22 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Update 2.1 resolves this issue. Take a look here which resolves this issue:

Organizations upgraded from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 can have a Null BusinessProcessType causing these Business Process Flows to be unusable post upgrade.

Patrick Friedrich responded on 14 Dec 2017 5:17 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Nicola,

could you please check those two threads:

community.dynamics.com/.../224384

community.dynamics.com/.../bug-in-business-process-flows-created-before-december-2016-update-crm-v8-2

The 2nd one refers to a field called "Name" on the new entity. In the new version for each BPF you will have a separate entity and there are some mandatory fields which have to be filled.

Thanks

Patrick

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS