SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

What encoding does MS Dynamics 365 use on the odata.next link?

Dynamics 365 for Sales Forum

charles.henry13 asked a question on 15 Jun 2018 2:29 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi folks,

I need to construct an apache URIBuilder for my requests and load my query parameters there.

Now, the odata.next link is already URI encoded.  The URIBuilder will mess things up if I just load the data.

I try to use a java.net URLDecoder.decode(url, "UTF-8") to decode the URL, then construct a builder with it, and the raw query param.  BUT, then the URIBuilder creates a URL which is not the same as the original I got from the odata.next link.

Does someone know the proper encoding to use to decode the URL?  Or a way to force the apache URIBuilder NOT to encode the URL or the query parameters?  I have yet to find a way to do the latter...and the latter would be a nice and easy route to solve this problem.

Thanks,

-Charlie

charles.henry13 responded on 15 Jun 2018 2:46 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Found solution to my own problem again. My requests can be built with a java.net.URI.  I don't have to use the apache URIBuilder to get the URI.  So in this speial case, I will simply construct a raw java.net.URI and pass it into my HTTPRequest.  No encode/decode necessary.  No rain dance to make magic happen, either.

charles.henry13 responded on 15 Jun 2018 2:46 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Found solution to my own problem again. My requests can be built with a java.net.URI.  I don't have to use the apache URIBuilder to get the URI.  So in this speial case, I will simply construct a raw java.net.URI and pass it into my HTTPRequest.  No encode/decode necessary.  No rain dance to make magic happen, either.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS