Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Check out the latest Sales updates!Learn about the key capabilities and features of Dynamics 365 Sales and experience some of the new features.
Download overview guide | Watch Sales video
2021 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
2021 release wave 2 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
Yesterday we migrated our solution to the new tenant. And now we have issues with customized processes... I really hope you can help me with this.
- Our processes were created in on-premise version of Dynamics CRM
- When I try to change the process flow I can't see the transferred processes in the list (e.g. in entity lead). So I assumed it could be an incompatibility issue...
- I created and activated two additional simple processes directly in the new tenant: the first one as a copy of the standard system process (bp1), the second one as a new one (bp2).
- Now I can see bp1 in the list bit not bp2... What can be the reason for missing bp2?
- Moreover when I select bp1 and change to this process I can't see the process bar (neither stages nor steps)
- When I select the standard process (owned by SYSTEM) it works perfectly:
Check the Owner of the new Business Process Flow (BPF). Try changing the owner to user with System Administrator security role. Create a new record to test it. Test one BPF at a time. Deactivate others.
Unfortunately, I don't believe you can change the Owner of a Business Process Flow, which can be especially annoying if the Owner leaves your organization...
Yes you can. Go to Settings > Processes.
Select the All Process view. Click the Assign button to change the Owner.
You should never run processes under a normal user. Always use a service account.
Ahh, you're right. Only in CRM 2016/Dynamics 365 they evidently removed the Settings>Process option (at least I'm not seeing it) and I had to do an Advanced Find and assign from there, since you can't actually change the Owner field directly on a BPF like you can on a Process. Thanks for the tip.
Great that you got it working.
To find the Process option, you need to scroll right after you click settings.
Please mark the answer as Verified if it was helpful to resolve your issue.
Business Applications communities