Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Check out the latest Sales updates!Learn about the key capabilities and features of Dynamics 365 Sales and experience some of the new features.
Download overview guide | Watch Sales video
2021 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
2021 release wave 2 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
I have created a new custom entity called "CE". I have enabled the self-referential parent-child relationship on this entity with hierarchy enabled. Each record of this new entity CE will have some sales users/teams added to it & these CE records will be assigned to different opportunities using different criteria. I have setup a N:N relationship of this entity with Opportunity entity. Now, what I am trying to achieve is to control the access of the opportunity records using the parent-child hierarchy of CE entity as below:
1. There are 3 levels that I am maintaining for CE - level1, level2 & level3
2. CE record at level1 is a single record & parent of all other CE records.
3. There are 2 child of level1 CE record - child1 & child2 (at level2).
4. Each of this child1 & child2 will have further 2 childs each (at level3)
5. The expectation is, the sales users/team added to CE entity record at level1 will have access to all child CE records (opportunities) at level2 & level3.
6. Similarly, sales users/team added to child1 & child2 (at level2) will have complete access to opportunities assigned to their respective child CE records at level3.
I understand that I can manage the hierarchical access using Manager Hierarchy but that will be applicable to users & their managers. I am trying to implement the same logic (hierarchical access) on 2 entities (having parent child relationship).
Hope this makes sense. Would really appreciate any hint/help on this.
I don't think there is any straight forward way. You could create access team for the opportunity and then create records access team record based on your CE record programmatically.
Hope this helps.
Thanks Ravi for the response but I couldn't get much out of it.
Let me try to give another example (without custom entity). With OOTB functionality for Accounts i.e. Account Hierarchy, I want that the user/team assigned to a parent account should be able to open/read/update opportunities that are assigned to its child accounts too. Those opportunities should appear to the user (parent account) in his/her "All Opportunities" view.
Business Applications communities