Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I have been asked if you can copy an exisitng appointment in the caledar, and then paste to a new date without having to create a new appointment from scratch. This is not necessarily a recurring appointment but just a straight copy of the same with a different date
Unfortunately, it is not possible to copy and paste appointments directly based on dates on the calendar.
We can create a new appointment by running an on-demand workflow in the appointment form, with all fields having the same value as the original appointment.
The difference between this solution and your needs is that instead of copying and pasting appointments in the calendar, you could create new appointments after entering the appointment.
Proceed as follows:
1. Create a workflow for appointments. Check the As an on-demand process and select Scope as the Organization.
2. Add a step - Create Record, and select entuty - Appointment. Set its properties.
3. Use the dynamic value tool on the right to set the value of its original appointment for each field.
For example, to set the value of the Required field, select Appointment and Required Attendees on the right, and then add it to the Required field.
4. Do the same for each field. For the time field, we can advance or postpone the time based on the original time.
5. Activate it after setting up the workflow. Open the appointment and click Flow > Run Workflow on the command bar to run the created workflow. Then the newly created appointment will open automatically, you can modify it directly, and finally save the appointment.
Is your issue solved? Are there any other problems?
Don't forget to close this theme by clicking Yes to mark the verified answer.
This will help other users with the same theme.
Business Applications communities