Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Check out the latest Sales updates!Learn about the key capabilities and features of Dynamics 365 Sales and experience some of the new features.
Download overview guide | Watch Sales video
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | View virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
Hello CRM Experts,
I have been tasked to find a solution on how to hide/unhide items under Run Report button in Opportunity form which is based on some conditions:
1. Currently logged-user is a member of Acquisition Team. User's name should be included in the table below which in turn is also displayed in the report
2. There are two reports that can be run: 1) Overview of PCIS Handover Sheet; 2) PCIS Handover Sheet.
3. If the user's name appears in the Acquisition Membership table and the Commercial Team Member (Y/N) field equals "Y", then PCIS Handoversheet should appear under Run Report while the report Overview of PCIS Handover Sheet should be hidden.
4. If the user's name appears in the acquisition table and the Commercial Team Member (Y/N) field equals "N", then Overview of PCIS Handover Sheet should appear while PCIS Handover Sheet should be hidden.
Is this possible using Ribbon Workbench?
How do I query the CRM 365 table using OData?
We need to set the owner of the reports 'PCIS Handoversheet' and 'Overview of PCIS Handover Sheet' as individual and then assign the reports to the corresponding team.
1) Create two teams and add the users of the Acquisition Membership table to both teams based on the Commercial Team Member (Y/N) field.
Add users whose Commercial Team Member field is Y in the Acquisition Membership table to team A, and add users whose Commercial Team Member field is N in the Acquisition Membership table to Team B.
Please refer to this document for how to create a team: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/manage-teams#create-an-owner-team
2) Open advanced find, look for and edit the report 'PCIS Handoversheet'.
Under the Administration tab, select 'Viewable By' as Individual.
Click Actions > Sharing, click Add User/Team. Look for the team and select the team A. Add it, choose their permissions and share.
3) Do the same for the report 'Overview of PCIS Handover Sheet' and share it with team B.
In this case, the users of team A will only see the report 'PCIS Handoversheet', which users of the Commercial Team Member field is Y. The users of team B will only see the report 'Overview of PCIS Handover Sheet', which the users of the Commercial Team Member field is N.
Hi Partner Hao,
Thank you very much. I will check on this by creating some test scenarios.
I tested it and it did not work.
In my test scenario, I created Opportunity1 and Opportunity2, having UserA and UserB in the Acquisition Team for both Opportunities.
For Opp1, UserA has Commercial Team Member set to Y, while for UserB, it is set to N
For Opp2, UserB has Commercial Team member set to Y, while for UserA, it is set to N.
I logged-in separately for the two users and found out that both the reports are visible for each user. This is because each user is a member of both teams. This is actually our actual scenario wherein a particular user may either be a Commercial Team Member or not in any Opportunities.
In my opinion, this is difficult to achieve, I did not find a supported way.
The Ribbon Workbench does not recognize a specific report, it only recognizes the ‘Run Report’ button.
Please refer to the links below.
Thank you very much. Your inputs are highly appreciated.
Business Applications communities