Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Check out the latest Sales updates!Learn about the key capabilities and features of Dynamics 365 Sales and experience some of the new features.
Download overview guide | Watch Sales video
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
we have some odd behavior on our production instance with Territories suddenly changing names seen in the screenshot, one of them should be Italy. The solution in our case is just to rename the Territories back to the originally name and all settings are intact. So what can cause this behavior?
Could you check if the Territory entity has auditing enabled?
If so, we can get some clues through the Audit log.
thanks for the reply, that was a good suggestion, I have enabled auditing on that entity and will publish it to our production instance and then we have to wait and see.I will post my findings here next time this happens which is about once a month..
I have seen this behavior before, and I was able to trace it back to a user editing the associated record. Due to the way Dynamics sometimes opens the associated record when you click on it, she was opening a record. This opened record was the incorrect record (not the one she wanted), but she edited the name of it and when she clicked save and close, her parent record was magically associated to the "correct" record.
She couldn't figure out why all of the other records were now also associated to this newly "corrected" record.
Look to see if users have Edit permission on the Territory table and turn it off, or if you can turn on auditing and monitor.
that was a very good suggestion. I imminently checked the setting for our sales persons and you were right they had all Write permissions on the Territory Entity. I have removed this in our sandbox instance and will role it out to our production instance and hopefully this will get rid of the issue. I also enabled audit on the entity in case. :)
thanks a bunch
Business Applications communities