Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Check out the latest Sales updates!Learn about the key capabilities and features of Dynamics 365 Sales and experience some of the new features.
Download overview guide | Watch Sales video
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 2 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I need your help with the following task: I have VIP contacts (there is a field isVip on the form) on Contact table. The contact information as mail and phone numbers should not be shown for all users. Only certain users can get access to these information. How can do that?
I think that i should use FLS on these fields but by default any user has read-access on contact records. The re is an option to use FLS on certain records?
FLS won't solve this problem - it cannot be applied on a selective record.
This is a common banking scenario but no clean solution exists - I have seen below two approaches:
1. Create a child entity: You can create a child entity with only mail and phone number field and a lookup to contact. Don't keep it parental - it should be referential. No user should have access to it. When a user checks isVIP then you can create and share this record with selected users.It will then be available on form as editable grid which user can view and edit.
2. RetreiveMultiple/ Retrieve plugin: You can write a plugin on retrieve to check this flag and then filter the field for all other users except the valid ones.
If you dont want to use plugins or JS.
Other option it´s to build a separate form to be used only by the roles that you want to have acess to this fields.
Cons: In advanced find all the users can see this fields ;)
Thank you for your answer!
1. The problem here is that i need to get e-mail on contact form because we use ClickDimension for mail marketing. CD send mails to email address saved in contact form. We use also Telephone integration with contact entity. A child entity
2. Do you mean check isVIP field and if it is checked don't show contact fields? I can do it but i'm afraid that user will has access to contact info from advanced find or report
This is not an option for me. I need to protect info also from advanced find and reporting
1. So if you need email and phone on contact but hide only those two field on some of the record - the other approach can be:
a. Create a duplicate contact with email/phone populated and make the field blank on the original record.
b. Change the ownership of this duplicate contact to top-level BU - so that it isn't visible to anyone.
2. Yes, you can hide the field on Retrieve/RetrieveMultiple plugin and that will hide it from advanced find too. Though in Report it will be visible - but report is your code - u can apply logic there to hide it.
You can accomplish this out of the box by using Field Level Security. When you open the field you can turn on field level security for that field. Then you need to create a field level security profile, where you give users access to create, read or update data in that field. There is no need for plugins, this is the solution that is designed for your scenario. Here are the details to setup field level security: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/field-level-security.
PLEASE MARK THIS ANSWER AS VERIFIED IF HELPFUL
Prateek, thank you for your answer one more time ;) I think the best option for my scenario is your second suggest solution. I will try to implement it
Hi Dian, thank you for your answer. I cannot use on my scenario FLS because by default all users can read all info from contacts at top level rights. I need to "hide" contact info only from certains records
Business Applications communities