Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Check out the latest Sales updates!Learn about the key capabilities and features of Dynamics 365 Sales and experience some of the new features.
Download overview guide | Watch Sales video
2021 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
2021 release wave 2 plan
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
I want to create a scenario to update Opportunity on Quote Revision. I have tried to achieve it via following below steps:
1. On the Opportunity record, I have created a TwoOptions field like "Quote Updated" and set it to No as default value.
2. Created a workflow on Quote entity record
3. Triggered the WF when Quote record gets updated (I have tried Modified On field as well as some other fields like Discount etc.)
4. On update of Quote record I will be updating the related Opportunity record and will update the "Quote Updated" field to "YES"
Now, what happens is that I can't get why it doesn't work. Moreover, I have also tried to some workarounds:
- Setting my workflow to On-demand from real-time. -- Both the real-time as well as on demand don't run
- Added a simple step in the workflow to Create a simple task (I just did that for debugging purpose) -- No Task record gets created
- I am also checking a condition in my WF to check if the "Quote Updated" field is set to "No" only then run the workflow. -- I also tried to remove that condition but it didn't work
I am also trying to check Process Sessions in Quote but nothing logs there.
I just want to use workflow or something else. I don't want to use plugin at this time.
You want to update Opportunity on Quote Revision, Opportunity and Quote is 1：N relationship, so what you need is that update parent records when child records update with workflow.
I have created a workflow in the quote entity to update 'Quote Updated' field of opportunity, and it worked successfully.
1.The overview of workflow:
select fields of quote you need to trigger the workflow when selected fields update.
1.2 Update Record step：
Opportunity (opp11) and Quote (quote)
Please mark as verified if the answer is helpful. Welcome to join hot discussions in Dynamics 365 Forums.
As you explained your scenario you want to update the opportunity as Quote Updated once after quote is revised and the reason your workflow was not working due to once you clicked the revise button on quote the new quote as draft is created and no change happened in you already closed quote.
So what you can do here. You can run the workflow on creation of the quote and check the Revision ID – Field.
If Revision ID is greater than 0 then update the associated the opportunity.
Hope this helps.
Thanks guys, the answers are very well explained. I will try it and let you know whatever happens
Business Applications communities