Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I am creating manual demand forecast lines in D365 FO Version 10.0.4.
In the header line I am entering e.g. 1000 pcs. of a product with a date of 01/01/2020.
Next I use the period key to split up the forecast in monthly buckets througout 2020. So far so good.
However when running the Forecast plan for the forecast model, the first demand line in the net requirement consists of the total header quantity of my demand forecast line plus the quantity that was calculated for the first monthly bucket in January. This means that this forecast line is much too high.
This is even shown in the balance of periods view below
Did I miss something in the setting or is this a bug?
0602.Manual demand forecast lines in D365 FO double entry of forecast quantity.docx
There is nothing reported on LCS.
If you are able to replicate this behavior in a different demo/test environment then I would suggest to open a support case with MS.
I was able to replicate this exact behavior also in my preview D365 FO environment which is Version 10.0.6
This would mean that if it is a bug, it would exist already for a certain period of time and somehow I can not believe that nobody else has had this same problem?
I would assume that creating forecast entries with the utilization of the period key split functionality is a quite common procedure in many AX2012 and/or D365 FO applications.
Therefore I was really hoping that I am doing something incorrect or miss a setup.
However if I do not get any other feedback here from the community, I will follow your advise and issue a support case with MS
Thank you very much for you quick reply!
I was trying this scenario since you post the issue, I have tried it on different versions of D365 & AX 2012 R2, R3. Unfortunately, the results on AX 2012 version are fine as compared to D365.
It actually adds the total quantity during the first period of forecast. I will also align with Ludwig & suggest you to open a ticket to Microsoft for further support.
Thank you very much for the further verification and information concerning this issue.
Good to know that it was working in AX 2012 and I also got the information in the meantime that it even should have been working in D365 FO Verson 10.0.1.
So it seems that the issue occurred somewhere around version 10.0.2, 10.0.3. or 10.0.4
My colleague has opened a service request with MS already! Thank you and Ludwig once again for your time and advice!
Business Applications communities