AX 2012 R2 VM v2 Online Store. Error loading navigation: TermStore not found

This question is answered

Dear all,

Some weeks ago we downloaded and installed the second drop of AX 2012 R2 virtual machine, where SharePoint 2013 and online stores are in the main server (AX2012R2A).

Everything was fine, even the demo online stores (Contoso electronics & Fabrikam) run right, but last week suddenly something in the online stores sttoped working. In the place where is the product hierarchy now the following message is showed "Error loading navigation: TermStore not found".  

Web service seems is working fine, because I can logon, register new users and customer favorite products are showed. The problem just affects to product navigation.

We downloaded and installed again the WM files, but we the issue continues in the new demo environment.

Any suggestion on this?

Many thanks in advanced!

Regards,

Verified Answer
  • Also available in public source: http://infopedia/blogs/Pages/Tips-and-Tricks-10-Fix-eCommerce-issue.aspx

Regards,

Sergey Pikhulya

The author of this post works for Microsoft. The opinions and views expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of Microsoft.

All Replies
  • it's a known bug in sharepoint 2013

workaround provided here

• or here even

How to guide: workaround for Retail eCommerce issue related to Managed Metadata Service in SharePoint 2013

mbs.microsoft.com/.../General.aspx

• Also available in public source: http://infopedia/blogs/Pages/Tips-and-Tricks-10-Fix-eCommerce-issue.aspx

Regards,

Sergey Pikhulya

The author of this post works for Microsoft. The opinions and views expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of Microsoft.

• It works!!

Thanks Ian & Sergey for your reply.

• Hi,

The url  http://infopedia/blogs/Pages/Tips-and-Tricks-10-Fix-eCommerce-issue.aspx

does not look valid. Can you please share the complete url as I am facing a similar issue.

Thanks

Zaheed

• Hi

Likewise - I have the same issue but can't access the infopedia link and the mbs URL take you to the 'AX 2012 solution demos' page and I don't see any reference to a SP workaround..

Thanks

Max

• Unless your VM is 2012 r2 CU6 MS has taken this link down as it  has "probably" been resolved though this is not not mentioned in the r2 cu6 release note.

Download the new VM otherwise ask MS for the file again

• Thanks Ian

I'm using the latest TAP CTP so I guess they've not resolved it yet :)

• I've just tried to open the link I pasted above earlier and was able to successfully open it and see the article, could you please try again ?

Regards,

Sergey Pikhulya

• Nope, it definitely doesn't work for me.. I tried in Chrome and Explorer. I note that there is no .com / .net in the URL...

M

• Hi guys,

I just have found the same issue in my demo VM. I run again the SQL script provided by Microsoft in the partnersource and it works again.

Attached is the SQL script. Note that you must execute it under the 'Managed Metadata Service_75cbf01bc9d3437ba63d24e7680842cc' database.

DECLARE @EmptyGuid AS UNIQUEIDENTIFIER

DECLARE @PartitionId AS UNIQUEIDENTIFIER

DECLARE @LogEntriesCount AS INTEGER

DECLARE @ErrorVar AS INTEGER

SET @EmptyGuid = '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000'

SET @PartitionId = NULL

SELECT @LogEntriesCount = COUNT(*)

FROM [dbo].[ECMChangeLog]

IF @LogEntriesCount = 0

BEGIN

SELECT @PartitionId = PartitionId

FROM [dbo].[ECMServiceSettings]

WHERE PartitionId <> @EmptyGuid

IF @PartitionId IS NOT NULL

BEGIN

INSERT INTO [dbo].[ECMChangeLog]          

([PartitionId], [GroupUniqueId], [TermSetUniqueId], [ObjectUniqueId], [ObjectId], [ObjectType], [ChangeType], [ChangeTime], [ChangeData], [ModifiedBy])

VALUES (@PartitionId,@PartitionId,@PartitionId,@PartitionId,0,0,0,GETUTCDATE(),'','')

SELECT @ErrorVar = @@ERROR

IF @ErrorVar <> 0

BEGIN

PRINT 'Error while inserting log entry. Contact AX Retail Support. Error ID = ' + CONVERT(NVARCHAR(50), @ErrorVar)

END

ELSE

BEGIN

PRINT 'The service has been successfully fixed. Partition ID=' + CONVERT(NVARCHAR(36), @PartitionId)

END

END

ELSE

BEGIN

PRINT 'Cannot find active partition. Contact AX Retail Support'

END

END

ELSE

BEGIN

PRINT 'This fix is not applicable to your system. Contact AX Retail Support. Number of log entries = ' + CONVERT(NVARCHAR(50), @LogEntriesCount)

END

• Thank you very much for SQL script.  It really helps.  

• The SQL Script worked great! Thank you!