AX2012 Demo - Retail POS - Are there walk through documents?

This question is answered

Hello,

I am starting to learn AX2012 development with an emphasis on the Retail POS.

I am using the AX2012 R2 demo.  I have downloaded all the documents available on PartnerSource.

I want to start exploring AX2012 and Retail POS.

When I launch Retail POS, it asks for the Operator ID.  I have the POSUserList but I think these are the passwords because when I enter one of the values in the spreadsheet (e.g. 000154) it tells me that it is an invalid operator ID.  

Can someone point me where I can find operator IDs and how that relates to the POS user list?

thanks.

Verified Answer
  • You have downloaded the user list only the scripts are located  below that  are.docx formats

go to the store you are using, I assume seattle? there is a list of user who are assigned to each store,use them or add other users to that store employee address book

All Replies
  • Look at store employees, the password for the pos is always 123,

The demoscripts are on the 2012 resource page inpartnersource

• Hi Ian,

I am looking at this link for the demo scripts

mbs.microsoft.com/.../AX2012DemoToolsMaterials

It gives me the excel spreadsheet but none of the operator ids work.

Perhaps we have an older version of the demo up?  WHen I launch the POS, it shows me "AdventureWorks" and a guy on a bicycle.

I have followed your advice to look at store employees.

I look at an employee, click "Retail" and see that the user has a POS authentication.  Most of the employees have employmenet type "Cashier". But I have only found one user by trial and error that actually logs successfully into the POS.  Is there a reason why the other ids won't work?

thanks for your help

• You have downloaded the user list only the scripts are located  below that  are.docx formats

go to the store you are using, I assume seattle? there is a list of user who are assigned to each store,use them or add other users to that store employee address book

• Thanks Ian.

Looks like the VM that we had was used by others and they made modifications to it (for better or for worse).

That's why i couldn't log onto the POS with some of the users.

I have downloaded the word docs and will go through them.

I'll use that as a starting point for learning POS then expand into extending it with Visual Studio.

Thanks for the help