SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Labels not all showing correct

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Jes Gudiksen asked a question on 27 Jun 2013 11:06 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi.

I Just installed Dynamics AX 2012R2 on SQL 2012. I installed Foundation and Foundation Labels also. Som labels are showing like @SYS305949. i checked the AXSysDa.ALD file which contains this @SYS305949 Danmark ISO Country/Region. So label should be there. I tried to delete *.ali and *.alc files also i tried deleting the ald files and restart AOS server, but nothing helps.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Reply
Tommy Skaue responded on 28 Jun 2013 12:19 AM
My Badges

So the label editor doesn't even find the label?

Labels are still loaded from disk, so checking the existence of the label on disk and flushing the index and cache file and then restart the AOS should solve it. You should even find an entry in the Event Log when the AOS is rebuilding the index of the labels.

Only thing left would be the AUC-files under %localappdata%.

Reply
Jes Gudiksen responded on 28 Jun 2013 12:24 AM
My Badges

I tried searching for @SYS305949  in label editor, and the label is found with the correct translation, but when opening the for i still says @SYS305949, and this goes for all users. Really strange. I will try AUC file even thoug i does not sound like thats the problem since its all users :)

Reply
Tommy Skaue responded on 28 Jun 2013 12:27 AM
My Badges

Which form is this?

I've seen labels drop out before, but a restart of the AOSes (if multiple) have fixed that before.

Reply
Jes Gudiksen responded on 28 Jun 2013 12:36 AM
My Badges

Form DimensionConfigureAccountStructure, MainAccount in midlle collumn, it just shows @sys343426 instead of main Account. Also if opening AdressSetup, and Choose country, all countries are like,

CountryCode,   ShortName, LongName.

DNK       @syssomecode      @sysSomecode

NOR       @SYS306193        @SYS306194

No countries in addres setup have working lables.

Reply
Jes Gudiksen responded on 28 Jun 2013 12:43 AM
My Badges

1 thing to add, FOundation label was not installed from beginning, but by running installtion again and choose modify installation.

Reply
Tommy Skaue responded on 28 Jun 2013 1:06 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Oh. Then you must have been bit by "the order of things". Try create a new Job and run this static method named

DirDataPopulation::populateDirData();

If you follow the code, you will notice that further down the road, it loads an XML containing all the languages and their description. However the description is a label. At the time this step is run (during initialization of the system), you need to have the valid language labels prepared and installed. If not, the Dir-tables will be filled with... guess what - the label ID and not the translated string.

Hopefully, running populateDirData will fix it. Test first!!!

Reply
Jes Gudiksen responded on 28 Jun 2013 1:56 AM
My Badges

Probloem solved ty. Deleting data in tables populated by DirDataPopulation::populateDirData(); and then run method fixed most of the problems. Thx

Reply
Tommy Skaue responded on 28 Jun 2013 2:04 AM
My Badges

Glad I could help. Thanks for marking the answer!

Reply
Himanshu Kotnala responded on 14 Oct 2014 10:15 AM

Can you post the exact job to be run ( including the deletion job too - which table/ tables are involved ) .I am facing the same problem if user language is En-Us then only label text is showing else label id is getting populated . like in address setup.

Thanks in advance. 

 

Reply
Rudi Yanto responded on 15 Oct 2014 3:01 AM

Sorry,

i want to ask How to run DirDataPopulation::populateDirData();  ?

Reply
Diptish Naskar responded on 29 Mar 2016 3:32 PM

As mentioned by you, deleting data in tables populated by DirDataPopulation::populateDirData(); and then running the method fixed this. How did you delete all the data from this tables as this includes some critical table such as company info

Reply
Chandan Sharma responded on 28 Apr 2016 6:27 AM
My Badges

How did u deeted the data manually ???

Reply
Tommy Skaue responded on 28 Jun 2013 1:06 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Oh. Then you must have been bit by "the order of things". Try create a new Job and run this static method named

DirDataPopulation::populateDirData();

If you follow the code, you will notice that further down the road, it loads an XML containing all the languages and their description. However the description is a label. At the time this step is run (during initialization of the system), you need to have the valid language labels prepared and installed. If not, the Dir-tables will be filled with... guess what - the label ID and not the translated string.

Hopefully, running populateDirData will fix it. Test first!!!

Reply

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS