set up same address

This question is not answered

Hi,

is it possible in AX 2012 (R2 CU7) to set up the same address on packing slip for ship AND bill to?

All Replies
  • Well if you had one address for the customer that would be the same address. Is that what you mean?

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Hi Dirk,

Another suggestion: You can also create an alternative address and select more than one purpose (Delivery and Invoice).

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

• this special customer has many addresses for the purposes invoice and delivery. When they create a sales order, they choose one delivery address. And on the packing slip this address must be printed für ship to and bill to.

• If they have multiple invoice addresses then these are arguably different customers and you need to set them up in this manner - the "address" of the invoice is not the question, it is where liability lies, if you are statement accounting and have branches that are separate then you link these through the invoice-to account, if you have many that are part of a chain you link them through the chain but they are individual entities. The in-between element of having one customer with multiple delivery and invoice addresses is more difficult, however if it is simply an address reference and not a liability reference then you would need to design the invoice report to print the delivery address in the invoice address box.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.