Report Deploying error: Cannot connect to AOS

Question Status

Suggested Answer
Raghavendar Nagabandi asked a question on 25 Jun 2015 2:00 AM

Hi,

I am able to deploy all the reports from visual studio except sales invoice report.

When I am deploying the sales invoice report from visual studio.showing and error as 

Error 1:Unable to connect to the AOS specified in the AX Client Configuration. The configuration could be missing, invalid, or the AOS is not running. To connect to the AOS, check the network connection between the client and the AOS, verify that a valid configuration exists, and that the AOS service is running on the server. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\DynamicsTools\Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Design.Reporting.Modeling

Error2: The "GenerateRdlTask" task failed unexpectedly.

Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.BusinessConnector.Session.Exceptions.NoKernelSessionException: Unable to connect to the AOS specified in the AX Client Configuration. The configuration could be missing, invalid, or the AOS is not running. To connect to the AOS, check the network connection between the client and the AOS, verify that a valid configuration exists, and that the AOS service is running on the server. ---> Microsoft.VisualStudio.Modeling.ModelingException: Unable to connect to the AOS specified in the AX Client Configuration. The configuration could be missing, invalid, or the AOS is not running. To connect to the AOS, check the network connection between the client and the AOS, verify that a valid configuration exists, and that the AOS service is running on the server. ---> Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.BusinessConnector.Session.Exceptions.NoKernelSessionException: No .NET Business Connector session could be found.
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.BusinessConnector.Session.DynamicsAdapter.GetObject(String objectName)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.BusinessConnector.Session.DynamicsAdapter.Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.BusinessConnector.Adapter.IAxaptaAdapter.GetObject(String objectName)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.BusinessConnector.Proxy.ProxyObjectBase..ctor(IAxaptaAdapter axaptaAdapter, ProxyClassName className)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.BusinessConnector.OperationExecuter.HandleError(IAxaptaAdapter adapter, Exception businessConnectorException, Collection`1 messages)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.BusinessConnector.OperationExecuter.Execute[T](Collection`1 messages, Func`1 nodeAction)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Design.Modeling.Interop.TreeNodeOperationExecuter.Execute[T](ITaskLogger logger, Func`1 nodeAction)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Design.Modeling.Interop.TreeNodeOperationExecuter.Execute[T](ITaskLogger logger, Func`1 nodeAction)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Design.Modeling.Interop.TreeNodeOperationExecuter.Execute(ITaskLogger logger, Action nodeAction)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Deployment.Reports.GenerateRdlTask.SaveReport(ReportDefinition report, TreeNode reportNode, ReportAdapter reportAdapter, Dictionary`2 designRdlMap)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Deployment.Reports.GenerateRdlTask.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__20.MoveNext() C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\DynamicsTools\Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Design.Reporting.Modeling.targets

So Please Help me in this issue.

Thanks

Raghavendar

Baber Owais responded on 25 Jun 2015 2:33 AM

Hi Raghavendar,

Have you tried to deploy the report from AX environment?

Thanks,

Baber.

Raghavendar Nagabandi responded on 25 Jun 2015 3:15 AM

Thanks for the Reply Mr.Baber

I have tried from AX Environment also.Still I am getting the same error

Selvam Krishnan responded on 25 Jun 2015 4:07 AM

Hi ,

Try this it may help you,

System Administration >> Business Intelligence >>Reporting Services >> Report deployment settings

Uncheck "Use static report design"  

Thanks,

Selvam

Raghavendar Nagabandi responded on 25 Jun 2015 4:30 AM

Thanks for the reply Mr.Selvam

Here My problem is I am unable to deploy only one sales invoice report.Remaining reports I am able to deploy

Hope you understand My question

Thanks

Suggested Answer
Jonathan Halland responded on 25 Jun 2015 4:34 AM

Hi.

Please check that your SSRS report configurations under System Admin ->Setup -> Report Services -> Report Servers is correct. Especially look at the "Application object server name" You may have restored from an live environment and never corrected this.

Sohaib Cheema responded on 25 Jun 2015 4:50 AM

1) DO NOT open Report from AOT to deploy it

2) open visual studio with AOS Specific configuration

daxture.blogspot.com/.../configure-visual-studio-to-connectopen.html

3) Now open application explorer (which is AOT View in Visual Studio)

4) go to SSRS Report and select Report and click on EDIT (Note: its edit from Visual Studio)

5) step#4 will open the report with a new model project. Don't worry for new model project juts deploy your report from visual studio. you may also add new model project into AOT from Visual Studio

now observe the results and share with us

Asim Saeed responded on 14 Nov 2016 7:45 AM

Hi Raghavendar

I have also face the same issue for Sales Invoice. 

The issue was of the Report size which was approx. 19 MB , as there were also country specific designs exists. So i redisgn the report and it worked. Try this i would suggest.

Note:  

I deployed via AOT, However it doesn't work. I also run V. Studio via specific configuration however it doesnt work also.

Suggested Answer
Princeton Lau responded on 14 Jul 2017 10:43 AM

Folks,

I know this is an old topic, but the info might be useful. :)

As Asim mentioned, these errors are due to the report being too large, if you can, remove some of the unneeded designs, if you cannot, you will need to create another report with the required designs.

Check out http://techemall.blogspot.ca/2016/01/unable-to-connect-to-aos-specified-in.html for a more indepth explanation:

"The root cause is the SSRS report file size is exceeding the limit, as there are multiple layouts for the report file, and each layout has several pictures embedded. So, the size was over 10M, we tried multiple times, the report can work correctly when the size is relatively small, but once over about 10M, the business connector cannot hold the report effectively and the connect is lost.

The solution is to create another SSRS file to have other layouts."

Thanks!

Princeton

ilakkiya responded on 19 Jul 2017 5:52 AM

Delete the embedded images if any from the report and try. 

Jesus Madrazo responded on 12 Aug 2017 6:32 PM

Encountered that type of error message on just building the SalesInvoice report solution in Visual Studio, not even deploying yet.  You may import the .axc file you've used on the /axconfig parameter in opening Visual Studio into the Microsoft Dynamics AX Configuration Utility for both Local client and Business Connector.  This cleared out the error for me.

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud Hakim responded on 12 Aug 2017 11:48 PM

Hi Raghavendar

firstly you can duplicate this report (copyofsalesinvoice), then delete the original report (salesinvoice) to remove any customization and try to deploy

Suggested Answer
nach68 responded on 21 Nov 2017 3:39 AM

Hi Raghavendar,

i had the same problem and i had resolved like this :

1- Delete all embedded image in the report and in explorer image ssrs :

2- Save and deploye your Report

3- Create all embedded image and put it in your report

4- Deploye your report.

It works now :)

Suggested Answer
Jonathan Halland responded on 25 Jun 2015 4:34 AM

Hi.

Please check that your SSRS report configurations under System Admin ->Setup -> Report Services -> Report Servers is correct. Especially look at the "Application object server name" You may have restored from an live environment and never corrected this.

Suggested Answer
Princeton Lau responded on 14 Jul 2017 10:43 AM

Folks,

I know this is an old topic, but the info might be useful. :)

As Asim mentioned, these errors are due to the report being too large, if you can, remove some of the unneeded designs, if you cannot, you will need to create another report with the required designs.

Check out http://techemall.blogspot.ca/2016/01/unable-to-connect-to-aos-specified-in.html for a more indepth explanation:

"The root cause is the SSRS report file size is exceeding the limit, as there are multiple layouts for the report file, and each layout has several pictures embedded. So, the size was over 10M, we tried multiple times, the report can work correctly when the size is relatively small, but once over about 10M, the business connector cannot hold the report effectively and the connect is lost.

The solution is to create another SSRS file to have other layouts."

Thanks!

Princeton

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud Hakim responded on 12 Aug 2017 11:48 PM

Hi Raghavendar

firstly you can duplicate this report (copyofsalesinvoice), then delete the original report (salesinvoice) to remove any customization and try to deploy

Suggested Answer
nach68 responded on 21 Nov 2017 3:39 AM

Hi Raghavendar,

i had the same problem and i had resolved like this :

1- Delete all embedded image in the report and in explorer image ssrs :

2- Save and deploye your Report

3- Create all embedded image and put it in your report

4- Deploye your report.

It works now :)