Receive Partial Items in Inventory UOM and Not in Purchase UOM

Question Status

Suggested Answer
Prakash Prasannam asked a question on 18 Jun 2017 7:37 AM

Hello All,

Let's assume the below: 

For Item A, Purchase UOM is Box(10) and Inventory Unit is Each. 

We have ordered 1 quantity of Item A in purchase UOM i.e. Box(10) and now we need to receive only 4 Each in the Product Receipt. 

How to handle this scenario? 

Note: Long back, I have tried this scenario in TEST company using Registration functionality in Product Receipt and I remember I was able to handle the above scenario but now after register the partial quantities (i.e. 4 each) and if I changed the Quantity Parameter from "Ordered Quantity" to "Registered Quantity", the registered quantities are not appearing in the Product Receipt line.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Guy Terry responded on 19 Jun 2017 5:21 AM

Check that after you did the Registration, the Purchase order doesn't need Confirming again.

Suggested Answer
Viesturs Silins responded on 19 Jun 2017 5:26 AM

Hi Prakash,

You can temporary change unit conversion from Box=10ea to Box=4ea, or change PO Line UoM from BOX to EA and update line QTY to 4. Make sure you got the right price on the PO line after the update.

Regards,

V

Prakash Prasannam responded on 22 Jun 2017 12:11 AM

@Guy: Confirm option is disabled in PO after the registration.

@Viesturs: Changing the unit conversion will not work and currently we are doing by updating the PO to each and receive the partial quantities.

Looking for some direct option and if there is no direct option available then we have to follow this by updating the PO to the base UOM.

Thanks.

Suggested Answer
Viesturs Silins responded on 19 Jun 2017 5:26 AM

Hi Prakash,

You can temporary change unit conversion from Box=10ea to Box=4ea, or change PO Line UoM from BOX to EA and update line QTY to 4. Make sure you got the right price on the PO line after the update.

Regards,

V